Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine Chuckle

So being as its Valentine's Day, I got up early and made a fresh pot of coffee and made a nice sandwich for my husband. He loves it when he gets up and I've made him lunch... because while I like to dote on him a little, I'm not one of those wives who does EVERYTHING for their husbands.

Every once in a while I make his lunch. Every once in a while he makes mine. It works out. Its a good arrangement.

Anyway this morning at work I got a nice little text from him. It read something like this, "Hi honey, thanks for the sandwich and the pudding! Happy Valentine's Day! I love you!"

I scratched my head. I probably looked ridiculous furrowing my brows because for the life of me I could not think where he got pudding or what he'd grabbed that would look like homemade pudding...

So I replied back, "you're welcome for the sandwich, but I didn't make any pudding." ... thinking back to that scene in Black Sheep where the refrigerator falls on Chris Farley... those of you who've seen it know what I'm talking about.

He says, "you know, the pudding in the little clear glass container with the lid...??" And then it hits me.

Its the honey butter I made the night before for the cornbread I had taken to my mom's house and I'd accidentally forgotten the honey butter at home. Of course a fit of all out giggling ensued and its probably safe to assume my co-workers think I'm nuts... but my husband was moments away from eating a spoonful of honey butter. IF thats not funny, I'm not sure what is.

Ahhh, I giggled about it all day.

Then to top it all off, when he got home tonight and was eating a couple fresh blueberries I said, "save some of those, we can put them in the pudding."

Ahhh ahahahaha, I kill me.

Happy Valentine's Day, Lovers!

Last but not least, here's my Valentine :)

6 comments:

Christina C. said...

hehehehe cute story.

happy love day!

Jocelyn said...

tooooooooooo funny...love this post!!!

Michelle Gautreaux said...

o my goodness! that's funny!

Flowers London said...

Thats quite funny. I am amazed, how had he swallowed the extreme sweetness of the honey. I can not eat more then half spoon of the honey, as I don't like its extra sweetness thats why :(
any ways, nice sharing dear :)

Denise said...

so funny Aimee!
I was computer less for awhile and in the winter funks but I am back and so glad you are on days now!! You must be so happy. Now we can definitely plan our trip right? Not until the roads get better though. I really want to see you but the passes scare me in winter!
late spring?

McMGrad89 said...

Thanks for the laugh!