Sunday, October 19, 2008

aprons!!!!!!!!

okay, so i haven't sewed in a long time. i made a little purse for steph for her birthday, but that was a challenge. i'm what some would refer to as the 'pajama pant' seamstress. meaning... anything harder than that, yeah right... forget about it.

but my sister has been begging me to make her an apron for weeks so we went to jo's today and bought all the stuff and i attempted to a. read a pattern without my g-ma, and b. use bias tape (WHOAH, scary). but i managed and i think it turned out pretty darn cute. i'm so proud of myself... but my neck totally hurts from hunching over that dang machine all day. here's a crappy shot of me wearing the finished product, my sister is way tinier than i am, so hopefully it fits her better.

how was everyone's weekend?



xoxo,
aimee

13 comments:

emily anderson said...

holy flippin' cuteness.
i have been wanting to make an apron for some time now...you have totally inspired.
thanks!

Cricket said...

So cute!!! You did a terrific job on it, I'm sure your sister will love it!!

smiles,

McMGrad89 said...

I think it came out cute. I love the fabric. This is far more "constructed" than I would have made. Way to go, no go get a massage.

McMGrad89 said...

or NOW not NO

Anonymous said...

totally cute!! Sewing is the next thing that I want to learn how to do. My sewing machine just sits and stares me down every day.....

Mandi Johnson said...

Yay! Aprons are my favorite thing to sew/make.

milkcan said...

Oh my gosh! That apron is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I want to see some pj's too! Hey did I tell you my bday is coming up?!? :::evil grin::: hee hee hee

Pegasus said...

Very cute!! Great job! :0)

Lauren said...

fun apron!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so darn cute. Your sis will love it and if she doesn't I want it! wink-wink

Holly said...

Wowza! I want one! My weekend? Obviously nowhere near as cool as yours with your fabulous apron making! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Missed you at dinner last night... the stew was really yummy! =o)