that is a HUGE fear of mine... fire, volcanic eruption, and flood. three forces of nature you cannot stop or argue with. i am a control freak. i would not be able to handle such instances. therefore, i bought a house on a hill, we're hopefully i will have a 66.6666% chance of never having one of those three happen to me. but whatever will be, will be, right?
with that said, its beautiful today... the rains have ceased and its sunny outside with the crisp scent of fall. my favorite... that faraway chimney smell... leaves... etc. mmmm, i could just stand out there all day and breathe it in. alas, i am doing plumbing bids. i know, nothing like a plumbing bid to kill the moment, eh? shit son, i freaking hate doing plumbing bids.
but, i have this to look forward to. i'm entering this weekend. i've deluded myself into believing i could run a cafe. hell.... i run a plumbers office, i went to business school, i love to cook and bake, and my sister will help me. why not give it a shot at least is what i figure. of course i'm afraid to fail (that damn control issue again) but i can't pass this up. i'm not letting my level headed virgo good angel get in the way this time. i'm going for it, great guns, and then if i win, i'm going to embrace it and take the biggest risk of my life. i'm young, healthy, and driven, so i figure why the hell not.
in a few weeks time (or months, I'm not sure when the decision will be made), i'll probably be writing a post about how i'm scared shitless...
**EDIT** I just read Heather's blog (www.dooce.com) and discovered this little treasure. I won't ruin it by posting it here, I'll let you
see it for yourself! just to warn you.... i nearly peed from laughter. do please read the caption and don't just look at the photo...
8 comments:
Good luck Aimee. I am rooting for you. If you win, I will even come out and spend some money on the weekends!
awesome! go for it!
but my question is... IF I went out to eat with you, would brussel sprouts appear on my plate? Cuz I just couldn't handle that. Nope, not me. And when are we gonna git out scrap on?
Good Luck!! I think that it such a wonderful thing to try for. You never know unless you try....:)
wow!!! good luck with that. :)
hope all goes well!
-sarah
I so hope you win!! You would be so fabulous at running a cafe and being afraid is fine..do it anyway.
Oh and thanks for nothing on the link to the Dooce website, I just lost another hour of my life to the black hole that is this computer.
oh and I forgot to say, my seperated at birth (by like 20 years) sister, we have yet another thing in commom. When we lived in Belfair Washington I started having serious paranoia about Mt. Rainer erupting, catastrophic earthquakes and tsunaimi. Mind you I had a newborn and a one year old and was in the middle of a post partuem nightmare but still, it used to keep me up at night!
love you aimee!
why is there no spell check on this thing?
Post a Comment