Wednesday, December 24, 2008

slicky slippery treacherous

son of a motherless goat. the little christmas fairy (that's me) was out delivering cheer and cookies last night when low and behold she slipped on a walkway and fell on her knee and her little helper elf (that's hubby) was not there to catch her. yes, yes I did. i have a raspberry on my knee like a five year old and my jeans are ripped and my pride is hurt but otherwise I am okay. so that makes three times i've fallen in this winter storm. i think i might be ready for it to go away now. i never thought i'd say that, i love the snow, but my body can't take too many more wipe-outs. it hurts folks, it hurts.

i had taken pictures in the snow and shots of our tree, but basically i haven't had time to upload them... seeing as i'm spending all my time falling in the ice and snow. but they're coming, i assure you.

i hope you all have a wonderful holiday. and at the risk of sounding un-p.c. MERRY CHRISTMAS. If you're jewish or otherwise, just pretend i didn't say that.

:)

5 comments:

bethchien said...

Oh! I hope you are ok! Yeah, I have had some "near misses"! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too! :D
B

TheresaK said...

Ouch!!!!
Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Be careful girl! I want you to live so I can meet you in the new year! Just finished off a nice hot buttered rum and feeling all warm and cozy now. The hubby is sleeping now that our guests are gone. He's been up since 10:30 last night. Ouch!
Merry Christmas!

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

Merry Christmas!!!
XOXO
Annie

Denise said...

Can't wait to see your photos and hear how your Dad liked his book! Hopeing you had a lovely Christmas even with the slippery snow! I wore my apron for my cookie baking adventures and it made me feel so pretty!