and i didn't even know it. shalay has the funniest blog... her posts range from wondering what her children will look like as adults (and she's posted a picture that her husband morphed their faces together in... quite hilarious really), to making foil fit in their drawer. anyway, i hadn't been there for a week or so and i got tagged... so here we go:
The rules of the award:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
here are my seven favorite blogs (sorry, i'm so not leaving tags on peoples' blogs, but if they read mine, they'll know):
heather armstrong's dooce
dina wakely
lollychops.com
denise
vee
ali edwards
holly
okay, here are my things:
5) i hate the feel of silk. i won't wear it, i won't sleep in it, on it, or touch it. its sick. it reminds me of nails on a chalkboard.
6) when i was really little, i thought drivers licenses were those things you put on your boat keys so that if you dropped them in the water, they'd float. boy was i wrong. one time dad got pulled over and he did not pull the boat floaty thing out of the glovebox. (disclaimer... dad did not pull a gun out of the glovebox either, i'm pretty sure it was just his registration)
7) i ate dog food once. my neighbor convinced me it was tasty. (it was not)
8) i used to listen to hanson. (no further explaination needed)
9) the first time i ever got seriously drunk, i drank a fifth of dark rum by myself. my "friend" was mixing it with root beer for me. mostly, it was just a splash of root beer. i was sick all night and sleeping in a tent next to my sister... a three-roomed tent. i opened up into her room and showered her in vomit in the middle of the night. funny thing is, she slept in it till the next morning when she woke up and realized. woops!
10) i once did over 120 mph in my dad's 1970 elcamino with my two guy sidekicks in highschool. he still doesn't know. also, the ignition was broken so if you didn't lock the wheel, it would start without a key. my sister and i would take it during the day in the summer and joyride. we were so slick.
and, if i haven't bored you to tears... i'm painting my bathroom a really pale buttercream yellow... almost cream color. and so i've been looking for new shower curtains. my GOD in heaven, i've found a few i like. of course they're from anthropologie so they're insanely overpriced...but would you take a look at these beauties:
this one is my favorite and this one is my second favorite.
its the HONEST SCRAP AWARD
The rules of the award:1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
here are my seven favorite blogs (sorry, i'm so not leaving tags on peoples' blogs, but if they read mine, they'll know):
heather armstrong's dooce
dina wakely
lollychops.com
denise
vee
ali edwards
holly
okay, here are my things:
1) I wanted to be a dentist till I was about 10 and realized that not everyone brushes their teeth every day. some people look like this (also, i got sick of school in jr. high... and couldn't see going that long):
(ewwww, i'm grossed out again)
2) i love ketchup on my tacos (i always say that one cuz people think its weird).
3) when i was five, my neighbor and i thought we might have been sisters because we looked exactly alike, and we had the exact same pink turtleneck and black spandex shorts with a pink stripe up the side. also, we were mad dancers.
4) i've seen dave matthews band in concert 19 times.
3) when i was five, my neighbor and i thought we might have been sisters because we looked exactly alike, and we had the exact same pink turtleneck and black spandex shorts with a pink stripe up the side. also, we were mad dancers.
4) i've seen dave matthews band in concert 19 times.
5) i hate the feel of silk. i won't wear it, i won't sleep in it, on it, or touch it. its sick. it reminds me of nails on a chalkboard.
6) when i was really little, i thought drivers licenses were those things you put on your boat keys so that if you dropped them in the water, they'd float. boy was i wrong. one time dad got pulled over and he did not pull the boat floaty thing out of the glovebox. (disclaimer... dad did not pull a gun out of the glovebox either, i'm pretty sure it was just his registration)
7) i ate dog food once. my neighbor convinced me it was tasty. (it was not)
8) i used to listen to hanson. (no further explaination needed)
9) the first time i ever got seriously drunk, i drank a fifth of dark rum by myself. my "friend" was mixing it with root beer for me. mostly, it was just a splash of root beer. i was sick all night and sleeping in a tent next to my sister... a three-roomed tent. i opened up into her room and showered her in vomit in the middle of the night. funny thing is, she slept in it till the next morning when she woke up and realized. woops!
10) i once did over 120 mph in my dad's 1970 elcamino with my two guy sidekicks in highschool. he still doesn't know. also, the ignition was broken so if you didn't lock the wheel, it would start without a key. my sister and i would take it during the day in the summer and joyride. we were so slick.
and, if i haven't bored you to tears... i'm painting my bathroom a really pale buttercream yellow... almost cream color. and so i've been looking for new shower curtains. my GOD in heaven, i've found a few i like. of course they're from anthropologie so they're insanely overpriced...but would you take a look at these beauties:
this one is my favorite and this one is my second favorite.
12 comments:
You are freakin hilarious! Those stories are kick ass...and sound a little familiar(hmmm....I think I may have some similar instances I can relate to. lol)
I really REALLY like the second shower curtain. So cool and pretty!
Peace!
B
Holy Crap! 19 times for Dave Matthews...that is wicked awesome...Holy Crap $118 for a shower curtain...wow. p.s. I like the second one better but I like the big pattern thing...ya know...makes me look skinnier(or something)
Love those shower curtains but that is a pretty hefty price tag. Maybe you could make one that looks similar?
I can't believe you have seen Dave that many times....
Crazy. You are a die-hard fan for sure... I think I have seen Steve Miller Band four times, and that is my record.
you crack me up!! i'm so jealous that you kicked ass in an el camino....(-;
Great stories to share! I love the second shower curtain as well, but my oh my that is a pricey item!
I was LOL-ly at your fun and honest stories!
Funny thing is I ate dog treats when I was little....and liked them!!!
Those shower curtains are definitely "swoonable" but crapfire that is some jack for a damned shower curtain! Good luck with that.
I like the second shower curtain, and I am an Anthro-obsessed girl, so I say if you have the money, spend it if it will make you happy!!!
omg, love your list and thanks for the award! :) riding in a super fast elcamino sounds so dope! :)
ps. hurley gets on my nerves too but I can't wait for tomorrow's episode!
OK...WOW....19 times for DMB...WOW!!!
And YUCK O YUCK on the teeth picture!! LOL!!
XOXO
Annie
Good luck on your bathroom! :) I must say that picture was so gross, and I'm glad I wasn't eating at the time! haha Annnnd I can't believe you hate silk! A random fact about me is I used to be obsessed with silk and satin when I was little and would walk around rubbing it in between my thumb and forefinger all of the time while simultaneously sucking my other thumb! haha
HAHAHA! I was lol through your post! I like the 2nd shower curtain ;)
did you make your orange marmalade yet?
Post a Comment