Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fantastic Fish Tacos

Hi guys, just a quick little post. I made fish tacos tonight for the hubs and I. I whipped up some fresh salsa (okay, its more like pico de gallo, but its got tomatillos, garlic, onion, tomato, cilantro, and a little Serrano chili) and baked some fish and blended a little aoli, and VOILA... DINNER! It's a perfect spring/summer dinner and I wanted to share.




Fish Tacos

Cilantro Aoli

1 tsp. drained capers (if you don't have these, don't sweat)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
2 tsp. minced garlic
4 tbsp. minced scallions
1 tsp. seeded and minced Serrano chili
1 egg\
1/2 to 3/4 cup of olive and canola oil mixed
salt and pepper to taste

Blend together all ingredients aside from oil, salt, and pepper.

Slowly add in oil, you'll see the Aoli start to emulsify and thicken.

I usually just bake fish and shred up some cabbage. The tacos are best on steamed corn tortillas with a little sour cream, aoli, shredded cabbage, fresh pico, and a little squeeze of fresh lime. Believe me, the lime is YUM.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Hambone said...

I think you should all try this dish it is fabulous!!!!
Thanks honey I loved it

jacque4u2c said...

I just so hungry now and it is only 9am - sheesh girl! This just looks to yummy!

Lisa said...

Can I come to dinner? I LOVE fish tacos and those look scrumptious! Thanks for the recipe! I will be sure to give it a try. My kiddos will be home from college in about a week so I'm back to being Master Chef...lol! My menus are a little dusty but now I have something new to perk them up! Have a great weekend! Hope you get to do something totally fun!!!

Deana said...

Sounds really yummy! Preparing for Cinco de Mayo? :-)

Have a GREAT weekend, Aimee! :-)

Jocelyn said...

OK...these look super yummy and thanks for sharing the recipe with us!!! I love all the ingredients and adore capers!!!! YUMMO!!!! Can I come to dinner at your house...pleaseeeee!~~ I just saw that Lisa wants to come too, so we could make the trip together~~~ Have a great weekend~

Anonymous said...

mmmmm.....
But I am wondering why you didn't call me?!? =o)

kristinak said...

sounds good...:)
i'm going to have to try it.
three more weeks until seattle.....woo-hoo!

sandra said...

i always gag at the thought of fish tacos but these look pretty good!

i LOVE pico de gallo. i think this post is making me make some tonight =)