Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Day Has Come

Today I put in my notice at work.

Even though I have not been happy here in a long, long time, it was still hard. I adore the bosses wife. She makes me laugh.
(Speaking of laughing... she is very innocent. She doesn't have a dirty mouth or mind like I do even though she raised two boys... and one time we were talking about something and she said "we could all stand around in a circle jerk." Let me tell you, I very nearly spit my coffee on the screen. Her husband turned red. I was slightly embarrassed for her. Luckily we were the only two in the room. After everyone had left I asked her if she knew what that meant. She didn't. I gingerly explained it (is that possible??) and then we had another good laugh)
We are friends. We talk every day. She is the person I spend the most time with. It will be hard to leave her here and know that she will struggle to get my job done as well as hers until they have a capable person in the office who can take over some more duties.

She said when I told her, "I had a feeling it was coming, I knew."

He said, "How am I ever going to take a vacation??"

Typical.

But yeah, before the notice... I had worked up this ball of knots in my stomach. I was so afraid to tell them. I don't know why. It's done now, it all went fine. I feel bad, but I also feel like they forced me to look for work and I did so and because of that, I'll have a better work life now and in turn, hopefully a better homelife and a more positive attitude.

I have bequeathed my secret candy stash to my co-workers and I'll pack up my cute desk calendar from the livingroomfloor and my Bath and Bodyworks lotion and go. I may start Monday at the new job. I'll hear this evening. (I was hoping to use the last two days of vacation I have here... it would be nice to take a couple of days, get my life and things in order, and start REALLY fresh and REfreshed.)

I got some good experience here and for that I am thankful. I am so looking forward to this weekend. Who tried the pumpkin bars yet? Anyone?



Wow. 3.5 years.

7 comments:

Denise said...

Aimee--I am thrilled for you but I know that must have been hard. wow, on to better things. So impressed--so many people just suffer instead of believing they deserve more!

Jocelyn said...

It is tough to say good bye but moving on means change and that is a good thing!!!! Wishing you the very best!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I HATE giving notice no matter how crappy the job. I am thrilled for you and this new chapter in your life! Enjoy the vacation time in between jobs you deserve it!

Christina C. said...

Brave girl. Good for you. Leaving a job is a scary thing, but the next step is usually SO much better. Good luck with the new job.

Um... I am slacker and need to email you re: catching up this weekend. Also, where's that mini you were talking about? I want to see it!

Hugs.

jacque4u2c said...

I know you hear this a lot and at times I have pondered over this comment - but for some reason I feel the need to say it after reading - "when one door closes a window opens" - so good luck with your new job and enjoy the memories from your old job. It made you a stronger person!!!

Deana said...

REALLY happy for you. I know you've wanted that for some time now, just by reading your words. When one door closes, another one opens. MANY wishes for this new job to be everything you hope for.

How in the F does one not know what a circle jerk is at her supposed age? And why would she even mention it, if she didn't know what it was? Poor baby... LOL! :-)

PS... thanks for the very sweet blog comment today. :-)

erinrwillis said...

I'm proud of you, Aimee. Really. You did what you knew was best for you. You'll have to let us know how the new job is going, once you start.

I might make the pumpkin bars this weekend, for a family picnic we're going to. I'll let you know!!