Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beef Pot Pies & Other Fall Fabulousness

So my friend Jamie made this beef pot pie. I just so happened to stop over to grab something from her and it was smelling up her house. And then I saw it. It was love at first sight and from COOKING LIGHT! Hello. Of course then and there I knew I had to make it. So I coerced her into giving me the recipe.





































Beef Pot Pie with Wine Broth

1tbs olive oil, divided
1 lb ground sirloin
2 cups chopped zucchini
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrot
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 8oz package presliced mushrooms
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 14oz can fat free, less sodium beef broth
2 tbs cornstarch
2 tbs water
cooking spray
1 11 oz can refrigerated soft breadstick dough (I used crescent cuz they come light)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in large skillet over medum high heat, add beef; cook until browned. Drain, wipe pan clean. Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil, saute zucchini and next 6 ingredients until veggies are tender. Return beef to pan. Stir in wine and next 4 ingredients. bring to a boil, cook 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and 2 tbs water in a small bowl with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.

3. Spoon beef mixture into an 11x7 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Seperate breadstick dough into strips. Arrange strips in a lattice fashion over the beef mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until browned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm freaking hungry now!

polishedlyrics said...

Hi Aimee!

That looks really good and really easy. I think I could make this, it'd probably feed me for a week too!

Nicki said...

Yummi

Jocelyn said...

Oh Man that looks good....it is cold and dreary here and I sure could use some of that!!!! YUMMO...I need to try it...thanks for the recipe!!!! :-)