Speaking of clean, I'm inspired to do some. I actually cleaned every square inch of my kitchen after I was done cooking. You can ask my husband... I hate cleaning the kitchen and often leave him a plethora of dirty dishes in the sink to find when he comes home... oh I am bad.
My goal this week was to get my scrap-room all clean and purged. Yeah, woops. Haven't even started. I'll get there though. Do a little today, some more tomorrow, and finish it up this weekend and next week. I've been taking a lot of pleasure in the little things in life. Trying new recipes, getting a good ass-kicking at the gym. Going out to lunch with old friends from high school. Its been fun and good for my soul. Usually in the fall I start to feel tired and bored, but so far that hasn't happened this year, its been all good, inspiring. For those of you who don't get Cooking Light, I highly suggest it... as many of the amazing new recipes I've been making have come from there (i.e. the beef pot pie, the braised beef, the spicy turkey meatloaf i stashed in the freezer for next week, etc etc).
And because no post is complete without a picture I have a few of my family... so you can kind of get a gist of who I'm talking about when I mention my crazy sister ;) or my dad... or mom or brother in law.
Heres my sister, Jess and my Dad:
My soon to be brother-in-law, Dan (I know... I know...):
My Sister Jess, My Mom and Me. (this one's kind of old).
And of course, last but not least, the hubs:
I need good light recipes... you guys should send me stuff.
5 comments:
nothing to send you but fattening butter laden recipes for now BUT (yeah my butt is big) I did get cooking light when my grandaughter was selling magazines for her school. It should be coming soon I hope!
I miss see you and your family Aimee! We need to try and get together sometime soon. Good luck with the cleaning.
seeing*
wondering where my dinner invitation is. lol! love the pics.
I loved reading about your taking pleasure in the little things. I've been trying to do the same thing. Hope you have a great weekend!
Post a Comment