The words out... I bought the biggest pack of parchment paper they had at Cash and Carry. It will probably last me five years. Judge me if you will, but it was a great deal. (I also have a gigantic bag of cocoa powder that my sister never ceases to give me a break on... it is her favorite topic of jest... who needs such and ginourmas bag of cocoa powder... and I tell her, me of course, the busy baker).
I've been buying them in bulk and baking like a fiend. This last Sunday I decided I wanted to make my grandma's recipe for homemade whole wheat bread. So I got out the cookbook the family put together of her favorite recipes and flipped to the page. I was really disappointed to find out it barely had ANY wheat flour in it... so I cheated a stole a honey wheat bread recipe off the internet.
While searching for that recipe I somehow came across a recipe for toasted coconut cookies with cream cheese. Of course my interest was piqued... coconut, cream cheese? It has to be too good to be true... And that is how I stumbled across this MAGNIFICENT BLOG. I am seriously in love.
So far this year I've baked:
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Lemon Poppyseed Tea Cookies
Earl Gray Tea Cookies
Shortbread Cookies
Spritz Cookies
Giant Ginger cookies
Cranberry Sour Cream Bars
Whole Wheat Bread
Apple Butter
Coconut Cream Cheese Cookies
Mmmm, I love baking!
8 comments:
mmmmmmm..
OK girlie...I am like sooooo jealous!!! You know you can send some of that my way!!!! YUM!!!!!
Have a great day!!! :-)
YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yum.
I wish I could bring some coffee over and we could share.
wow! that is a baking frenzy! good for you, its by far the best part of the holidays. i love to bake.
holy baking batman! you've been busy? so are you for hire to do MY holiday baking???? :P
So when are you opening that restaurant?!!
Oh, and I got my bag o' trims in the mail! I LOOOOVE them!!
Yummy!!!
Post a Comment