Monday, January 4, 2010

Paradise, for REALS.

I bought the hubs a weekend up in the mountains in a cabin for his big Christmas present this year. We left New Years Day and came home yesterday late morning. It was the perfect romantic weekend get-away. Our cabin was complete with woods, a creek, a hot tub, raccoons that came at night, fuzzy beds, wood stove, complete kitchen, etc etc. We LOVED it.

We were just 22 miles from the entrance to Paradise on Mt. Rainier, so we drove up there both days, snow-shoed, threw snowballs, took pictures, etc. It was lovely. It never did snow down at the cabin, but that was okay.

There was this fantastic old stove in the cabin with a double oven (GASP) that I used to make yummy french toast, chili, bacon, eggs... we ate like kings. We grilled New Yorks on the bbq outside one night and then I made this bean-less chili from Cooking Light the second (it was delicious, but slightly spicy!)

They had a great guest book and we very much enjoyed reading everyone's comments, most of which contained something about "the couches are too small" and the raccoons are ever elusive. One couple even named the raccoons... George Cooney and Ricardo Monteban...LOL, we were cracking up (And then we fell off the couch!)

Here are some of my favorite photos from this weekend:
(I took this one from up on a bridge down into this gorgeous canyon... ahhh, love the mist!)
(The best car EVER).
(Right after that picture I fell headfirst off that embankment and then laughed so hard I had a sore stomach muscles the next day.)
(Who wears jeans snow-shoeing?)
(Mmmm din din).
(LOL, I am going to be KILLED for posting this picture on my blog, but it makes me laugh so hard, I love his expression, I totally surprised him and he was not happy about having his picture taken (and... he may or may not be wearing pants)).
(It was bright... sorry, I'm so squinty!)
(awww)

12 comments:

Jamie said...

that picture cracks me up!

Jocelyn said...

Looks like a great weekend!!!!

LollyChops said...

hahahaha... I love that pic of the hubs. Talk about FUNNY!

It looks like a fantastic weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

great pics and it sounds like soo much fun and the food... oh my! can I get the info for the cabin? been looking for a get-away for the hubby and I.

amy said...

totally hilarious pic! lol! hopefully he doesn't mind! ha!

beautiful pics of scenery...wow!

Denise said...

hee hee.
glad you had fun-
with or without the pants :)

Sasha said...

Nice cozy sexy weekend sounds like .. love that pic that he would kill you for LMAO .. you are so silly ..

Happy New Year

lisa truesdell said...

love these pics - it sounds like a perfect weekend!

Kelly Noel said...

oh how fun...sounds like you guys had a great time!

tenaya said...

LOL - love the pic, CJ!
and that steak looks delish!!!!

Genevieve said...

I laugh out loud reading your blog, and that doesn't happen a lot. So thank you for your wonderful stories :) Looks like you had a great weekend too!

erinrwillis said...

What pics! Those snow ones are lovely! (And so is the one of the shirtless hubs). ;)