Monday, January 18, 2010

Snowshoeing Again @ Paradise

Borrowed some snowshoes from friends and went with my sister and Dan up to Paradise. I packed blueberry scones, hot chocolate in a thermos, peppermint schnapps ;), Jess brought sandwiches, oranges, and trail mix. And we headed off up the mountain. The park rangers had set us at ease telling us this was an easy trail and the elevation gain was only like 700 feet or something. They forgot to mention however that most of that was in the first 1/4 mile of the trail. HOLY SCHNAPPS!

I may or may not have almost died from exhaustion. The blueberry muffins were to die for. The cocoa was also quite nice... Stevens Mint Truffle...MMMMMMM.

Me thinks I like snowshoeing :)

Some pictures...

(important to notice here... the poles shes holding are circa 1985 borrowed from dear ol' mom and dad, tee hee).



6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Why is Dan groping Jessie?

tenaya said...

um, yah, what Steph said. ;)

Looks like a super day out there - so much snow!

Michelle Gautreaux said...

beautiful pics!

Denise said...

gorgeous photos! It looks like you had so much fun and I think the muffins and cocoa would movtivate me enough to suffer :)

Seester said...

LOL I love the "stars" in CJ's eyes in the last photo :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun day! I would love to try snowshoeing!