Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Tryouts

Yesterday I found out from a sweet gal that I'd won a BEAUTIFUL calendar from her shop. Seriously? I never win anything. Ever. (Well, I did win tickets to Brittany Spears' movie, Crossroads back in High School... but that doesn't really count and frankly, I'm a little embarrassed I even called in...)

Anyway, this is way better. So we'll just pretend this is my first win.

Her site is Frenchbleuvintage.com and she has MANY gorgeous things. This is what I won:



Sorry honey, move the Mustang calendar over, this puppy is WAY cuter!

So, yesterday I made the Grown Up Grilled Cheese. It was so freaking good. I can't even begin to describe the monumental chaos it caused for my tastebuds... buttery cheese, bacon, onion, garlic. I mean really you can't go wrong. They were DELICIOUS. I give them 5 stars out 5.

This morning I made a batch of the Steak Tips with Peppered Mushroom Gravy. Another winner. It has a nice delicate flavor from the fresh thyme and shallots and it was super easy (and cheap!). Hubs and I both loved it, will definitely be making it again, I'd give it 5 out of 5 as well.

(To be honest, usually if it has mushrooms and steak, for me... you can't go wrong).

This past weekend we had friends over and I made the Stilton Burgers. BIG HIT. They were loved by all. I accompanied them with Yukon Gold and New Potatoes that I'd cut into wedges, drizzled with a little EVOO, S/P, and roasted in the oven till golden. Then I grated up some fresh parm and chopped up some fresh chives and tossed the hot potatoes in that mixture. Then for dessert, I made baked pears... I just peeled them, cut them in half, cored them, hollowed them out a little in the center, and filled them with a traditional crisp topping. Baked till tender and toping was crisp... very nice... served with a bit of light ice cream and drizzled with Smuckers fat free, sugar free carmel sauce, you can't go wrong.

I'm dying my hair back to my natural color. Actually right now I'm sitting with it all piled and stinking on top of my head, wearing my best "hair dye" t-shirt that is also covered in yellow paint. Its a sight for sore eyes. I haven't had my natural hair color in a long time. This is going to be weird.

And... I can't stop sneezing today. Even before the hair dye.

Edit: Here's a pic of the new hair:


How's your Tuesday?

Do any of you ever say "See You Next Tuesday?" Or is that just me?

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Did you use "parm" and "EVOO" in the same paragraph? Methinks you've turned into Rachael Ray ;)

Jocelyn said...

Oh what a beautiful calendar!!! I love it!!!! Those dishes sound so yummy are the from Cooking Light?

I have to try the grilled cheese sandwich out!!!! YUM!!!

Have a great one!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the win! lovely calendar!

where can I get the recipe for the Steak Tips with Peppered Mushroom Gravy?!? I want to try this! Yum!

Jill said...

Those recipes look great -- I can't wait to try the grilled cheese. Yum yum! LOVE the haircut. And as for the Britney Spears win, LOL in a BIG way. :)

mel said...

your hair looks great!
and i've yet to try the grilled cheese, but they're on the roster!

erinrwillis said...

I really love your hair!!...And man, that grilled cheese sounds terrific!!

And yes, I occasionally say "See you next Tuesday." :)