This morning we did another 5k run and I bettered my time by about 5 MINUTES!!! Holy crap. My mom and I ran together and she cracked the whip like she always does. I need that though. I need a good ass-whooping every now and again. But I finished strong and it felt amazing to jog a good portion of the course, where last time I barely jogged at all.
I'm far from svelt, but I'm definitely giving it my best shot.
Afterwards we went to the Southern Kitchen where I tried my very first bite of fried okra, DELICIOUS. And indulged in some french toast. (My sister ordered the okra, unfortunately breakfast did not come with sides of mac n' cheese and fried okra).
It was lovely and yummy.
My recently engaged sister and I have been talking about me doing a photo-shoot for them for a long time. It never seems to work out with our busy schedules and sketchy Washington weather, but today the weather held, and we both had time so we trespassed through a forgotten field to use a rad old, weathered barn as our backdrop. I got some good shots of the two of them, good practice anyway and they'll have a couple of fun ones to put on their "Save the Date."
They're such a fun couple...



(I told him to make a cute face and tuck his heels up, and this is what I get?? HA!)



(With Dan involved... things can go staight up goofball fast... as you see from sweet... to licking)

And then...
Dan practices his wedding smile:

I'm pleased... my first quasi photo-shoot. It was fun!
6 comments:
Super cute pics ... and CONGRATS on the 5k. You're a rockstar! :)
wow on the 5k! man i need your mom to motivate my butt. ha ha
and the new pics are really cute! i think they're great, especially for the first shoot!
hope you had a blast doing them :)
Alright, first off, lets get out the fact that you are a nincumpoop. There I said it. You completely forgot to mention the "first practice set" of photos you took without a memory card in your camera. Remember, the memory card, that you had to call your arugala buying husband to bring out to us? Yeah that one. But it was amusing to watch him act as "camera bitch" the rest of the day.
P.S. I love you sister
Dan
you ran what? yikes! congrats on that but seriously I am so glad you had breakfast at a place called southern kitchen after! your photos are awesome-your sister adorable, and her husband to be...goofy in the best possible way.
Ha! I love these. And you. Miss you too.
GOOD for you on the run!!
And I LOOOOOVE your pics!! They're so fun, and I think any of them would be great for "save the date" cards!!
Post a Comment