So I'm a penny pincher.
And by penny pincher I mean frugal as all get out. If I could save .10 cents on a dozen eggs by doing a backflip in front of the Safeway store manager, even my clumsy, chubby self would figure out how to do it somehow. (Probably by animating a photo of myself spinning around on a Youtube video I showed him on my phone but nonetheless...)
With one working adult in the household and one going to school money is tight. And I want to make sure that we can feed ourselves and pay our bills.
With that said my husband is a shop-a-holic. Over the years I've whittled and whittled and whittled and he's now quite well trained, but every once in a while he blunders. I mean he is human afterall...
The other day I walked in the door and he says, "I have a surprise for you! And you can't be mad!" Um... surprise and mad only go in the same category when too much money has been involved. So I close my eyes and play a good sport and he stands beaming in front of me with two huge grocery sacks full of DVD's from Blockbuster's going out of business sale. Several of which are duplicates to ones we already own because in his haste and excitement he may or may not have wily nily thrown piles into the keep basket.
To his credit he got me several "girly" movies, one of which I watched last night and it was quite good.
I love him dearly, its hard to be mad when he's standing in front of me with movies he's bought for me (and him, lots for him too) and smiling ear to ear like a five year old who has just lost his first tooth.
I guess the moral is just because something's a good deal doesn't mean you have to buy 300. HA :)
3 comments:
oh this made me chuckle Aimee!
Aww. but he was thinking of you....And that's a good thing. So many shopaholics spend selfishly. Hope you enjoy the videos. Maybe you could trade the copies with someone who wants them and has what you want.
Happy movie watching.
Annemarie
Hi. It is October 26 (aurora is 16 months today. big day!). ANYHOW. Missing your blog. Missing my blog. I am comitting to starting the blog again. And getting inspiration from others. I think it will help my 'DEBBIE DOWNER' days. {heart, T}
Post a Comment