Enjoy, friends!
Skippy Cookies
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup shortening (thats the good stuff)
1 cup peanutbutter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
Cream together shortening and peanutbutter. Add sugar, then eggs, one at a time until mixed. Add vanilla and dry ingredients, mix until smooth. Drop by spoonfulls onto cookie sheet or roll in sugar and criss cross with a fork. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
I'd like to say that I lovingly sift the dry ingredients together and carefully spoon into my mixer that's never going to fast and may or may not throw dust all over the counter. But lets face it, I'm a working woman, and there's no time for that. When I want homemade cookies, I want them NOW.
And I don't have any photos of peanutbutter cookies, so here's an unrelated photo, because I feel like blog posts should have photos:
This is Tucker. Tucker likes cookies and swimming in the ocean. We met him on our girls weekend in Tulalip at a beach house. We drank a lot of Corona that weekend and ate some amazing halibut and I danced wildly on the back deck until I ran into the sliding glass door. (Tucker's name is actually Duke, but we didn't know that until the last morning we were there, and Tucker fits him so much nicer, don't you think?) After he would swim in the ocean, he liked to come up on our deck and shake his wet, sandy body all over us. Invigorating, for certain. So we took to baricading the deck with chairs. Yes, we loved Tucker, but only from a distance. HA.Music of the Moment: Queen - Under Pressure
1 comment:
Oh, Tucker. Duke. Whatever your name is, I know you are in good shape from having to climb 9 billion stairs a day. I bet he is swimming in the ocean right now. #crazydog
Post a Comment