saturday we pretty much did nothing, i got some aprons made and worked on some scrappaged and baked.
today was spent scrapping, movie watching, and playing in the snow. we got about an inch and a half and they say its supposed to snow again wed. i snapped a couple of pictures of my boys out in the white stuff: (cj took a picture of me, but its horrible and i'm not posting it).
(we were throwing the ball for gunther and he doesn't have rabies, he' just salivates... his ball is his whole world. i don't know what he would do without it... if you look closely, you can just make out a red sphyrical shape reflecting in his eyes).
if you've never had chocolate crock pot cake, you are missing out. here's the recipe (i suggest cooking it on low as it sometimes gets a bit hairy on high... also, i stir it throughout the process, it doesn't say to do this, but i find it sometimes will burn slightly on the bottom if you do not.)
1 box chocolate cake mix
8 oz sour cream
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
1 cup chocolate chips (or more, i use more)
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup water
Mix all ingredients together. Pour into lightly greased 5qt crock pot, metal coffee can or Crock Pot Cake Bake pan. Cover.
Cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. (you must have vanilla ice cream to accompany... its necessary. also i like to throw in a few more chocolate chips just before serving so there's a touch of added gooeyness. never too much goo for me).
10 comments:
I am sooo going to try that recipe.
Yeah, my dog likes to salivate, too.
She looks quite hilarious when I take her walking (during the summer) at the park...I am positive others think she has rabies, too! lol
Have a good Monday!
B
crockpots are seriously the most amazing invention! I am going to try this recipe for sure. You should write a cookbook aimee, I love that you post your recipes. I will be baking tonight with my sweet little apron! Thank you so much.
and rabies? eeek. I will have to tell you the whole rabid raccoon killing story some time. It is hilarious in a scary, bizzare kind of way.
Yum! That cake sounds delish... going to try that one of these days. NO more SNOW!! The ice was terrible this morning.
Great snowy pics!
That recipe sounds wonderful, although I'm really eyeing the cranberry bar one you posted a few days ago! Yum! I'm in Oregon so we are having much the same weather as you...just trying to stay warm!
that recipe sounds fantastic....:)
I got my package today. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! That apron is soooo pretty and I love everything you sent. I can't wait to dig into all my fun stuff. YOur package should go out tomorrow or Thursday. I have been so busy....
I will send it priority so you will get it before Christmas. :) Thanks again!!
I just realized I haven't said hello recently! :) I'm always one to just read and run. SO here I am. And duuuuude.... I've never done any kind of cake in a crockpot! Much less chocolate! How sad am I?? :(
I made a batch of Hot Buttered Rum Mix yesterday and put it in 2 cup containers in the freezer for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. IF the snow melts and you find yourself out my way, give me a call and I would be happy to send some home with you!
i've been loving these recipes!! that dog looks so cujo...too funny. have a wonderful holiday aimee!!! xo
I must try that recipe!! Have a wonderful holiday!
Post a Comment