Thursday, January 8, 2009

a little sexy, a little rock n roll

okay, so last night i was watching one of those gossip shows... like extra or something, (my husband loves that show so much, he is such a girl) and they were showing these pictures from "W" magazine of Brad Pitt. okay, so i like brad pitt as much as the next girl, but i'm not an uuber fan, i'm more of a john cusack or christian bale sort myself... but these pictures are just beautiful. aside from the fact that he is sporting a rapist mustache. holy mother, every wrinkle, every line... just makes him that much sexier. i'd hit that. (omg, please scratch that from the record, nice married girls don't say things like that).

anyway, here's a link to the goodness!!

last night sister and i tried our hand at racquetball. omg, we suck. seriously, neither of us has ever played and i bought her a racquet for christmas (and one for myself) so that we could have a go, as our gym has five gorgeous courts. well, needless to say, we really have no clue how to play, so we just kind of smashed the ball back and forth and took turns rallying it. i kept smacking it so hard it would reverberate loudly off the flourescent crappy lights on the ceiling and jessie took one in the buns. we both wore some super-sexy protective eye-wear that i know was the envy of all the patrons. i'm sore today, arse, arms, etc... so it must have been a good workout. i think i shall give it another go, definitely. does anyone know the difference between "squash" and "racquetball"? i am uneducated in this area.

also, has anyone read the 'true blood' series? i was thinking of giving them a whirl.

not much else to report, hope everyone has started out the new year splendidly!

xoxo,
aimee

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the first 3 books... and watched the first episodes HBO aired. =o) I think I still have the books if you want to borrow them, but I need to double check

I haven't played raquetball since the 80's. Wow!

bethchien said...

First off...OMG ...I am so in love with Christian Bale..you have no idea!! lol I would seriously lick him from head to toe!!!
And I have not read True Blood, but heard the TV series was awesome!! I love vampires!
Did you get into the Underworld movies? Yum yum to Scott Speedman! New one coming out next weekend!
THat Brad Pitt link didn't work for some reason. Oh well.. you got me thinking about my lov-ah, Christian! ha
:P
B

TheresaK said...

I totally agree about that pic of Brad, You really cannot take your eyes off of it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you, I just double checked and I have the first 2 books, so I would be more than happy to pass them along to you.
Good ideas about the aprons, but guess what?!? I don't sew, so I won't be repurposing them. And I don't wear aprons, just not my thing. Oh well...
YES! We need to get together. Sundays are ideal for me as the hubby sleeps all day, but if Sundays don't work for you.. I could do a Saturday I just need to give him a heads up because its usually are only day together since it's his only day off. Just let me know..

Anonymous said...

I used to play racquetball at the ymca all the time when i was like 10. I think I would die if I tried it now....:)

Sandy said...

omg, i would never even attempt raquetball, so good for you for trying! i heard true-blood is great. i'm so with you on the brad pitt pics - love the wrinkles.

Genevieve said...

I agree about those pics of Brad Pitt...it makes him seem more real, and therefore more beautiful :) Sigh, thanks for the swoon-session :)