Thursday, January 15, 2009

men

am i the only woman in america who gets up before her husband and has the misfortune duty of having to wake him up every day? so every morning this is how our day goes.

4:30 alarm goes off, aimee hits snooze
4:39 alarm goes off, aimee hits snooze
4:48 alarm goes off, aimee hits snooze
4:57 alarm goes off, aimee hits snooze
...
...
5:30 alarm goes off, aimee gets out of bed and showers, does make-up, gets dressed
6:05 aimee makes 2 pieces of toast on 45 calorie sarah lee bread and barely touches it with jam and has bowl of cheerios with mixed berries from costco
6:15 aimee makes her lunch (and by makes, i mean grabs a can of whatever healthy soup we've got, several pieces of fruit, a fart bar fiber one bar, a yogurt, and some veggies for snacking)
6:18 aimee wakes up cj. (and by 'wakes' i mean practically jumps on, shouts at, jiggles, tickles, etc etc until he finally opens his weary eyes and rolls over to ignore me.)
6:20 aimee shouts that she's going to be late (again) and for cj to please get up because if she leaves and he is not out of bed, he will inevitably fall back asleep like usual and be late too and then the blame will all fall on one person... one person who is trying to do something curteous for her godforasken husband.
6:25 aimee has to be at work in five minutes (lives seven minutes from work) and husband has finally gotten out of bed, is standing in undies, looking quite put-out and disheveled, rubbing eyes like child and stumbling around trying to find the loo without running into the wall and muttering.
6:26 aimee leaves for work
6:33 aimee arrives at work 3 minutes late (i hate to be late! hate it!!)

so the obvious answer would be to get up earlier, but honest ... who really wants to do that? it is a vile option. the other obvious answer is to have hubby turn his alarm up as loud as it will go, set a second if needed and get his own ass out of bed. this is the option i have decided to go with. and as i slammed the door this morning and walked out, i'm pretty sure he got the picture.

we shall see what tomorrow brings folks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We use to have similar morning until the hubby started working graveyard. Only difference is I don't do the snooze button game. I set the alarm for the time I want to get up so I can actually sleep as long as possible, the so called sleep in between the snooze button never did it for me.
Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

PS
I did copy your corn chowder recipe... I will try it next after hubby recovers from this last one.. he isn't a big fan of corn chowder and this other one may have ruined him.
Can't wait for the hamburger soup recipe. Yum! I love soup when the weather is cold.

metrochic said...

this post begs so many questions. why on earth do you set your alarm for an hour before you have to get up? what kind of fart...er, fiber bars do you enjoy? what do you think shall happen tmrw when you leave that bastard to his own devices? i am thinking that you should threaten to make a "my husband is a lazy ass" layout after taking a snapshot of him in his undies and disheveled hair. the end.

Denise said...

Um seriously, I almost peed my pants when I read Heather's comments on your as usual hilarious post. I have to sign the bottom of hers...

milkcan said...

LOL! Can't wait to see how this develops!

shalay said...

Hahaha! This is SO funny, because I think so many of us can relate! My husband's work actually started giving out an "On Time Bonus" because no one was getting there on time. They all get an extra $500a month if they get there on time every day. If they're late one day, they take $50 away. How ridiculous is that?! Now when he's sleeping in, I just yell, "You better not cost us $50! Get your ass outta bed!"

LollyChops said...

You totally slay me.. you should hear the 1970's funk music we wake up to.. it would wake up a dead man.. honest.

Unknown said...

hillarious i sat and read this post with a big grin on my face when i got to the end out bursty out laughin waking my new born up... doh! but seriously you have such a way with words if you wrote a book i'd buy it!