i also went to see Marley & Me. holy shitballs. okay... so my nickname is "stone cold". my husband thinks its hilarious that I almost never cry (because he cries enough for the both of us, no joke). seriously, i wore no mascara just in case and boy, as i was walking out of the theater still sniffling and carrying a sopping tissue, i was glad i'd had the foresight. such a cute little movie. very funny, very sad.
we had some friends over for homemade stew and i made a cheesecake. my second ever and it turned out! i was so glad cuz the last one was an ooey gooey disaster. i hate that feeling... when you work really hard to make something pretty and perfect and then its crap.
yesterday i was at the goodwill and found this beauty (not gunther, just the mirror)

i want to take down the mirror (stock ugly thing) in the guest bath and put this up. I was thinking i might change the color a bit... either rub something over it or spray paint it.
here are a few new ones i've done lately:
week 2 project 52
week 3 project 52

my thoughts on the crazy washington flooding this year.

how was your weekend? what did you cook?
xoxo,
aimee
13 comments:
love the mirror~
I want to see that movie too!!
It sounds like you had a great weekend. I haven't seen Marley and me yet but I have read the book. I cried a ton...and it's really hard to read while you are crying. ;)
I adore that mirror and all the new layouts. The romance one is my fave. The journaling is perfection.
I didn't cook this weekend because I'm not eating anything cooked. :) My hubby bbq'd for him and the kids because it was about 70 degrees yesterday and perfect weather....
Hi, love the mirror. Just scrap the weekend away this time after doing nothing for a whole month.
Hope to see you around. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)
LOL.. I "read" Marley and Me, some time back, I knew how the story would go- but still I cried big heavy sobs, and I'm a cat lover!!!
Loving all your layouts...fabulous
That mirror? Can I just say I've NEVER seen anything as wonderful at any of my local stores- I'm so envious of your great find!!!
Happy New Year
oooh, love that mirror! i'm jealous!
also love your layouts, especially the "flood" one
I love the image of the doggie in the mirror... perfect!
Isn't the very idea of a weekend like heaven?
I need that oatmeal recipe. I didn't cook at all this weekend which is truly as miraculous as the virgin birth. Pizza friday night and out to dinner with a gift card Saturday night. I did make french toast last night but I'm not exactly counting that. There is however a pork roast in the crock pot which will be turned into some carolina pull pork in another few hours. Homemade coleslaw and fresh rolls...yummy!
LOVE those layouts and totally love that mirror. I didn't see Marley and Me for that very reason. LOL. :p
And this weekend? We made chocolate chip pancakes... two days in a row. :)
That is a really great mirror! That is such a score from the thrift store.
Your layouts are awesome too, everyone of them.
Oh, and Marley and me...I cried like a little baby too.
I am sooo diggin the mirror! that's is very cool.
I partied a little too hard on Friday, so I was lazy saturday and got enough to scrap a little on sunday. lol!!
Have a great week, Stone Cold!
B
You are so talented it makes me want to barf.. in a good way!
I made...
1) biscuits & gravy (2x's cause the hubs likes it).
1) Indian food - Palak Paneer
2) Chicken Alfredo pizza.
3) Sammiches...who does not like sammiches?
I have the book..I might not read it after the tears story!
Great layouts and oh my that is a great mirror!
love your mirror and layouts!
Post a Comment