Monday, January 19, 2009

exodus!

the world is really in a disarray right now. i mean, people are fighting in georgia and sarah palin can see them from her back porch. my 401k lost a boatload, and it makes me weep. my dog barfs on the bedroom floor at least once a month during sleeping hours. people are losing their jobs, etc.

silly as it may be, i sometimes take a phrase from a song i'm listening to and make it my motto for a while. i think bob marley applies in time of crisis. (i mean, disregarding the "no woman, no cry" bit that is...) seriously, he says things like "everything's gonna be alright" and "fear is my only carriage, but i've got to push on through", and "get up stand up, stand up for your right". i think we have an exciting new time ahead. like i said before, i don't do politics. but that doesn't mean i'm not excited for someone new to be in the whitehouse. i'm one of the lucky... i still have my job, my health, and a pittance in my 401k.

at weight watchers fat camp, our leader David always asks at the beginning of every meeting "are we living the good life?" (to which we're always supposed to reply "yes", I think...) and then he proceeds to give a different definition of what the "good life" can be. each week its different. i mean, bob and david are trying to tell us, be thankful for what we still have. its our only life, our one life, we have to live with what we've got now and be happy. (i think bob's form of happiness also includes marajuana... which is okay if that's your thing). i'm fairly certain david is not a pot smoker. not that it matters and i digress.

the moral is... if you shot the sheriff, at least you didn't shoot the deputy.

here's a new page i did for purple onion: (as if that wasn't a sloppy transition...shooting to scrapbooking, at least they start with the samy consonant, eh?)

8 comments:

shalay said...

Love this post. I often have to sing Bob Marley songs in my head to get myself through the day.

bethchien said...

Yeah, I had to come to that way of thinking too. My company said "NO RAISES FOR HALF A YEAR" And everyone's first thoughts are booo, this sucks. but, you know what? I should be SCARED if my company WANS'T doing those things. I want my company to get through this recession.
I am very fortunate that I feel this safe in my job. That is a good feeling.
maybe everyone should have a little 4:20 time. heee
Sweet lo! :P
B

Blue Banana said...

Hi found your blog through Beth Perry and i totally love your layout!!! Great work!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the layout and I think we all have to come to that way of thinking...I didn't receive a bonus or raise this year, but right now I am thankful to have my job. A few of my friends have recently been laid off.

Cassie said...

Great LO! Who said alliteration isn't a great way to transition? p.s. that mirror you found is fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a good and busy weekend from the comment over on my blog. The one thing I didn't get to over the weekend that I wanted to was getting some pics together for when we scrap.. so I got to get on that! We still on for Sunday?

Anonymous said...

I might be interested in joining in on the Cosmo Cricket order... are you just looking at stuff on their website?

Kimmy said...

hey! youre funny!