Tuesday, February 17, 2009

steph's visit

as i posted forever ago (omg, i'm such a bad blogger) steph came to visit not this past weekend but the weekened before and we had a fabulous time. we were so busy! i am just going to post about the highlights.


first off, now that we've finally gotten to meet in person i love her even more. i'm sad that we didn't meet sooner, but i'm glad we've found eachother now. this is going to sound really sappy coming from my potty mouth, but a great friendship is blossoming. sorry, that will be all the cheese for this post.


the things i love best about her:

she is very honest, she says when she's bored, tired, etc.

she doesn't spend three hours looking at a piece of glass in a museum

she loves to spend the day taking silly photographs

she says sweet things

she enjoys the simple pleasures life has to offer

she can't reisist a crazy soda flavor

she skips when she's excited

she smiles with her eyes

and the number one thing... she puts her dishes in the dishwasher! okay, so ... i love that about anybody, (hubby... ahem, HINT HINT).


the crop @ lasting memories was a blast. I got tons of cards made and @ lunchtime introduced her to BUBBLE TEA (which she'd never had). oh how i love getting to introduce people to new and wonderful things. i had a ton of fun spending the day with all the sweet girls and getting to know everyone a little better. dinner was really fun, especially the huge maragarita i had.


i really think my favorite thing of our vacation was the day we spent in seattle. we grabbed coffee and a pastry @ peets in fremont and walked all over the place. fremont is so fun and quaint, there are so many fun little shops and things to see, i'd like to go back again and spend more time, perhaps the whole day... there were also lots of delicious scents coming out of various eateries that i would like to partake in.


we went to archie mcphees, which is hilarious, (note the horse mask picture below and tenaya's scared face in the background). i loved the cupcakes at cupcake royale and the stamps @ amuse. i don't spend a ton of time in seattle cuz its quite a hike from my house in little ol' spanaway, but we'll have to go more often and i'm prepping hubs to move up further north when he's finished and has gotten his teaching certificate.


here's a menagerie of photos from our trip. i really need to upload the rest somewhere and share them with everyone. does anyone have a suggestion for a great photo sharing place? should i just upgrade my flickr account and do it there? is file storage there unlimited if you upgrade? help!!



















11 comments:

Vanessa said...

so much fun! love steph and that "Does a booty good" hehe glad you guys had a great time!

bethchien said...

Ahhh...I wanna come play! lol
Loving the pics!!
And yes, upgrade to a flickr account. I love it! I can't even remember how much it costs, like twenty something dollars, but you can make as many sets as you want. And I guess you only pay once, b/c that was over a yr ago when I did it and I haven't had to pay again.

Then, I can comment on all your crazy photos! haha
:P
B

Kelly said...

lol looks like ya'll had a fab time!!

Anonymous said...

I love my flickr account and I am fairly sure it's unlimited once you upgrade to pro.
looks like you two had a blast! And you are soo sweet to list what you like about Steph. Glad you two hit it off in person as well.
Ohhh Fremont is soo much fun!

Sweet Peripety said...

sounds and looks like you all have a great insanely happy time!

Pegasus said...

Great times!! Can't wait to get to Seattle in Sept with my dh! Love all your photos. :0)
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Sounds like you had a good visit!

Kelly said...

Glad you had a good time...and I love the pics!

shalay said...

You guys look like you had so much fun! And Bubble Tea? I've never heard of it, but it sounds delish! I'll have to track it down somewhere.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!!!! Great pics. :)

Stephanie said...

I was just looking through your old posts and this made me smile. And miss you. Real big.