Friday, February 20, 2009

friday, february, and fabulous

ahhh, tonight we're heading over to the melting pot for happy hour and having a delictible treat of cheese and chocolate fondue. and i suspect there will be cocktails as well. ahhh yes, love the cocktails.

this weekend i plan on trying a new recipe of champagne jelly... it combines lovely bubbly and white grape juice and i'm hoping it will make a great addition to our wine and cheese evenings paired with a nice cracker and cheese. i really, really love making jelly lately. i mean, LOVE it. i think about it almost as much as i think about being in my scrap room (almost). if anyone has any jelly recipes they'd like to share, i'd love to have them... you can email them to me at adripofcoffee@hotmail.com and... i'm thinking of doing a jam giveaway. is that weird? i promise my kitchen is clean and i sterilize my jars, etc. so, be watching for that. i think it might be fun. my blog is due for a giveaway.

its beautiful outside (i'm looking at it now and longing to be out there) and all i can think about is making my yard pretty, opening the doors and cleaning out the winter dust. sister and i are going running in the park this afternoon, it will be nice to have some fresh air in my lungs. i am so ready for spring and for summer. i am ready to grill, sip a cool drink on the back porch, and enjoy the sun until well into the evening. please hurry up and get here, k?

and because no posts are complete without pictures, here's a new layout i did of miss steph with my studio calico kit from this month:

3 comments:

Denise said...

love the idea of jam! and a cheese and chocolate fondue with cocktails...my heart is beating too fast!

bethchien said...

I have already told you how much I love, love your layout of Steph.
And I soooooo want spring and summer to be here, as well. Winter-time Beth is not fun to be around. lol
:P
B

Jocelyn said...

I am new to your Blog and I just received my first SC Kit!!! I love what you did with it!!!!! I too can't wait to open the windows and doors and let some fresh air in!!!! Jelly making sounds fun!!! I love to try out all the jams and jellies when we visit different specialty stores!!!! Stop by and say Hi!!!! Love your Blog!