Okay, so as is apparent from my many posts, I'm super dorky. I get excited about bits of paper and a new recipe. Err... maybe that just means I'm 'simple'. Whatever, I like the little things in life. They delight me, they thrill me, they make me happy.
I will continue to love them. Simple or not.
It makes me happy to send cards to friends. I did that today and I have some more going out tomorrow. Sometimes I wonder what their faces will look like when they open the mail. Will they smile? Mostly, I just hope my card will make their day. I hope it will touch them for a moment and let them know I am thinking of them...
I have a couple of things to share today.
First, a PRICK in front of me threw his coffee cup on the ground as I was driving home from my work out. I sped up, got his license number, and then called to report him to the proper authorities. Nothing irritates me more.
Second, I've discovered my new haven. It's a bread-shop recently come into the area called The Great Harvest Bread Co. ... I have a feeling I will be visiting often. I tried the apple scrapple (divine) and the Honey Wheat (also lovely). I bought the harvest and got a loaf of cheesy garlic free because it was made yesterday. I guess I am a duck, because I don't mind if bread's a day old. Feed it to me!
Third, I put a couple of cards (and a new banner) up in my Etsy shop... because I keep talking about it and I never do it. I'm all talk and no action folks. One of my resolutions this year was to knock off that tom-foolery. Stop barking. Start biting.
Fourthly, a friend of CJ's is staying with us. He's going through a rough-patch with his wife and needs a place to lay low for a bit. Here are a few of the goodies he's been preparing for us... the man can cook and DAMN if it isn't nice to have a night off in the kitchen every now and then:


17 comments:
You are not Dorky!!! I too love the simple stuff, and how much better is yummy bread, even if it is a day old!!!!! Wow, that dinner looked yummy, if your friend needs a place to crash in Maryland, I will offer him a place to stay, if he cooks for me like that!!!! Simple living is the best, too much stuff, too much stress, not good for the body and the mind!!! I adore receiving handmade cards, but I also find that people who don ot craft love to receive them too!!! Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!
OMG!! That looks so good! I am sooo hungry! lol
:P
B
I think I need a married man, going through a rough patch, who can cook, staying with Bill and I. I hope things get better for him but damn...nice perk for you! Guess what? There is a great harvest in Missoula as well. We could both go to our shops, order and then chat on the phone while we are eating. Not quite as good as actually being at the same place but close! so who's the dork now?
My elk stew with mashpotatoes came out heavenly! My mom always made lamb stew on St. Pattys but my husband doesn't like lamb (what kind of Irishman is he?) so for years I've been perfecting my beef or lamb stew. It's bomb.
YUMMY! Don't worry I am right in the Dorky boat with you, isn't it nice to find joy in little things?! Where do you live? We have Great Harvest here in CO and I love it, try the sandwiches they are super tasty! Hope you have a better drive home... btw good for you calling on him!
It's not dorky... it just means you know how to enjoy life! Btw, I am headed over the next time he cooks dinner. Oh yum! I am drooling from looking at those pics!
And good for you for turning that littering fool in! You go girl! That sort of thing irks me to no end!
ok.... now I'm totally craving a big bowl of veggies.... YUMmy!
I think it's awesome that you send cards to people. I've always done that myself. It's such an email/instant message society we live in that's become so impersonal. Hand-written letters & cards are cherished (well, at least by ME anyway!)
:-)
Good for you, turning in that coffee throwing dirty dog.
Good for you, sending out handmade cards! I LOVE getting personal mail in the middle of the junk, so I'm sure all the recipients appreciated your thoughtfulness.
:)
i hate litterbugs too.
and if your chef needs a new place to crash, send him to my house :)
Your dinner looks fabulous! I love Great Harvest breaks too...yummy!
I'm a simple girl too, and I definitely would have taken the day old bread, no doubt! Your meal looks amazing!
I love that you reported that litterbug to the authorities. I didn't think anyone did that ever.
And wow. You sure are lucky to have that guy cooking for you. That food looks amazing. I think my husband needs to find some new friends, preferably ones that can cook and are going through rough patches.
oohh, those breads sound so delicious.
And the food looks yum...what a man!! xxx
Can I come for dinner??? Remember me, the girl who is sustaining herself with Doritos and Pop Tarts? The food looks soooo gooood!!! lol! And the day old bread...One day. Two days. If it's bread it has to be good! YUM! BTW, I think it speaks volumes that you find such pleasure in the simple things. Makes you a pretty special person in my eyes. For what it's worth!
House guests that cook for *you* = YAY!
Sending handmade cards to friends = YAY!
Local bakeries = HIP HIP HOORAY!
Litterbugs = selfish bastages. Big, big BOO.
I loved reading this! I love making cards too but I'm so bad at sending them out. They're stacking up...ahhh! Thanks for the reminder! "make someone's day"
mmmm...That looks fabulous!! so yummy!!!!!
and Yay for you for reporting the litterbug!!
It looks like you have been busy. :)
Good for you for getting things in the etsy shop AND for reporting the guy that threw the coffee cup. I can't stand people like that. :)
Post a Comment