Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Weekend of Bliss

Warning: Photo Heavy Post Ahead

These are the Brooklyn Blackout cupcakes. These puppies are so tasty and moist and melty in your mouthy. I'm drooling, right now, on my desk, just thinking about them. Oh the joy. So our weekend started off with these (and some wine). We chatted and I flipped through all T's old scrapbooks, which was super fun. I love seeing where people started and how their work has progressed. She's been scrapping for longer than me, her work is amazing and fun, and it was great to see what she does now, versus her jumping off point. WOW. There is a difference. One day, if I'm feeling generous, perhaps I'll post my very first scrap page for you all to laugh at. It's a doozy folks.

Here are some of the cards I worked on this weekend. I actually didn't get a SINGLE layout done, and you know what? It didn't even matter, I didn't mind. The cards were fun and now I'm stocked up forever and a day. Who knows, one of these might be in YOUR mailbox sometime soon. (I am so nerdy I can hardly stand it).




These are T's kitties, Giselle and Pru. I'm not normally so much of a cat person (err, or at least I thought) but these girls were the sweetest, cutest kitties ever. They loved me to hold and pet them and Giselle can even say "hello" in this crazy cat voice. (Pru in the second photo has a bit of a bad haircut, her chest fur kept getting stuck in her mouth so T cut it off... totally cracked me up).


And here we are in our creative space making cards, sewing bits and baubles on, and using our ATG guns!


(don't I look like skeletor here?)


(T, you are so mysterious!)

On Saturday afternoon, we took a break from the creative goodness to head into Bellingham for a trip to Kinkos, the Stampadoodle store, and some Thai Food. Their stamp store was REALLY fun. They had some great stamps! I bought a new cupcake stamp and a really cool harlequin background. I also bought a brown Staz-on Pad. These ink pads are my absolute favorite. I've used a lot, but these puppies, they stamp the best image, they stay in place the best, they are amazing. If you don't have one, you must get one, you won't be disappointed. T and I had some great grapefruit martini thing-a-ma-bobbers at the Thai Restaurant (they squeezed the juice fresh), and then we ran over to Haggen for some dessert and oldfashioned doughnuts. SAY WHAT?

I think my favorite part of the whole trip was chatting and being around people who really inspire me. I enjoyed myself so much. It was completely relaxing and low key and I got to do what I most love in the world. My other part was when we somehow got on the subject of nuts. (i.e. walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc)... and as I often do, I exclaimed, "I LOVE NUTS"... a phrase that was re-hashed throughout the weekend in a multitude of inappropriate ways. Oh these girls...

I hope your weekend was swell, what did you do? What did you eat?

14 comments:

liz mataraza said...

sounds like a fun weekend!!! beautiful cards too!

Jocelyn said...

What a great weekend and the cupcakes look so yummy. Do you have any left that you can ship my way!!! I could use one today!!! What awesome cards!!!! Love the stamps and the great job you did with them!!!! Isn't it great to have a weekend with tons of wonderful memories!!!!! Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!

jacque4u2c said...

WOW GURL!!!! It looks like you had a blast! And thanks so much for sending that recipe my way! YUM!!

I really love the cards that you made - they ROCK! So, glad your weekend did too (I am officially jealous;o) -

Crystal said...

Oh what fun! I adore the cats so pretty and that girlfriend card is awesome Im gonna have to lift that!

Amber Zimmerman said...

Sounds like a really fun girls weekend! Love how the cards turned out. =)

Rachel said...

Those cards are fabulous!!!!

Anonymous said...

Weekend with friends? Cupcakes? Grapefruit martinis? Scrapping and shopping and schtuff?

Sounds positively dreamy. :)

Jennifer said...

Aww - it looks like such a fun weekend. Love your cards!

Unknown said...

Love those cards, and it looks like you guys had a blast!

McMGrad89 said...

How fun. I love those cards.

Annemarie (mommyvictory)

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look yummy! Sounds like a fun weekend, and I love the cards!

vtpuggirl said...

Your cards are adorable, and those cupcakes look incredible, wow!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, those cupcakes... Yum! I am totally drooling over those. Sounds like a great fun time! And that drink from the Thai place sounded delish! Loving the cards, especially the sugar one with the cupcake haha I am sooo predictable! But I love the last one as well... too cute!
Happy St Patty's day! I am headed back to bed, been dealing with a nasty headache since yesterday and my eyes are getting all wonky now from the monitor.

Michele H. said...

beautiful cards! it sounds like you had an awesome weekend!! Happy Tuesday to you :)