Had a fantastic weekend. I'm finally able to do a little more around the house and get out. After my surgery I had to be super careful not to get my heart rate up, etc etc. LAME. I'm a do-er and a go-er. It's hard for me to keep still
Friday, sister and Dan came over, we had some beers, made dinner, finished up some invitations she's doing for a shower, and then went for a walk. Saturday I totally slept in and lazed around which was MARVELOUS. Then I taped and painted our main bath, and then painted that gold mirror I bought a while back. I need to run to Michael's and get some silver leaf, I want to make it look old and the silver spray paint, while awesome... needs another dimension. Then we went and rode Go-Karts with some friends. OMG, we had such a blast. I seriously cannot believe I haven't ever really done that except for the crappy little ones down at the Ocean. I will have to do it again sometime soon. And my fore-arms are sore as all get out from the crazy turns and wild maneuvering. I'm sure I was a sight... we had to wear these sock-like getups over our heads under our helmets, just incase the person before us had lice, we wouldn't catch it from the helmet, YUCK. And.. lets face it, Go-Karts are made for short people and @ almost 6' tall, I looked like a folded up pretzel driving it. Quite hilarious... speeding around hairpin turns, sock on my head, knees nearly touching my boobs.
Yesterday morning I got up, made scones and breakfast for husband and Warren. (They were pouring my new concrete step). And then Gunther and I headed off to my friend Tiffany's house to meet her and Jake (her golden retriever) and then the four of us headed up to Redmond to Marymoor Park where they supposedly have an amazing off-leash dog area. Those two boys had so much fun. I took a million pictures but here are a few of the highlights... I will definitely be going back sometime in the near future. Loved that place, what a fun day. Then we went to Panera for lunch, my FAVE.
Friday, sister and Dan came over, we had some beers, made dinner, finished up some invitations she's doing for a shower, and then went for a walk. Saturday I totally slept in and lazed around which was MARVELOUS. Then I taped and painted our main bath, and then painted that gold mirror I bought a while back. I need to run to Michael's and get some silver leaf, I want to make it look old and the silver spray paint, while awesome... needs another dimension. Then we went and rode Go-Karts with some friends. OMG, we had such a blast. I seriously cannot believe I haven't ever really done that except for the crappy little ones down at the Ocean. I will have to do it again sometime soon. And my fore-arms are sore as all get out from the crazy turns and wild maneuvering. I'm sure I was a sight... we had to wear these sock-like getups over our heads under our helmets, just incase the person before us had lice, we wouldn't catch it from the helmet, YUCK. And.. lets face it, Go-Karts are made for short people and @ almost 6' tall, I looked like a folded up pretzel driving it. Quite hilarious... speeding around hairpin turns, sock on my head, knees nearly touching my boobs.
Yesterday morning I got up, made scones and breakfast for husband and Warren. (They were pouring my new concrete step). And then Gunther and I headed off to my friend Tiffany's house to meet her and Jake (her golden retriever) and then the four of us headed up to Redmond to Marymoor Park where they supposedly have an amazing off-leash dog area. Those two boys had so much fun. I took a million pictures but here are a few of the highlights... I will definitely be going back sometime in the near future. Loved that place, what a fun day. Then we went to Panera for lunch, my FAVE.
(even though he has dirt on his tongue, this is the best picture I've ever taken of the Gunth)
In other news... does the SWINE FLU utterly creep you the fuck out? Sorry for the F-Bomb folks, but it scares me shitless.
4 comments:
It sure does and this happened when I was 16 and I had to take a vaccine for it! I was working at a VA hospital, and when tracking back my disease, Myasthenia Gravis, I had a severe reaction to the vaccine and the doctors truly believe that the vaccine screwed up my immune system and I got this autoimmune disorder!!! Thanks piggies...and if they do not stop showing everyone walking around with masks on, I am going to screammmmmmmmmmmm!!! Love the pup pic.....so cute!!! Have a great week!
Where are the pics of the bathroom and the mirror?!?
Looks like fun at the dog park and lunch at panera? Yum!
Sounds like a good weekend!
And Hellz yes I am freaked out!
The F bomb doesn't begin to emcompass my sentiments for this oinker of a sickness! Hope they can get it under control!
Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! The pics are amazing! And I had a good laugh at the images you conjured up with your description of the Go-Kart ride! Gotta love a good ol' knees-in-the-boobs kart fest! Hope you are having a marvelous Monday!
love Panera mmm.... I realy like their cinnamon bagels. cute puppy pics!!!
Post a Comment