Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hair Did

When my husband went back to school, one thing we decided to cut out of our budget was me getting my hair done. It's a lot of money to spend on yourself. Or is it. I found out several things about myself when I had ceased to have my hair done bi-monthly (in a bulleted list, because I love them and rarely use them):
  • I gained weight because I felt frumpy and thought, "my hair looks like poo, so who cares."
  • I wore make-up less because I felt frumpy and had gained weight.
  • I hated going out because I felt frumpy and my hair would never cooperate.
  • I wore my hair in a pony tail or a messy bun, EVERY DAY. Would the frump end?
I think we see the trend. Hence, two months ago I started getting my hair done again. I told hubby (and he agreed) it was just something that made me feel more alive. And while silly and materialistic, I really think it made a big impression on my attitude.

So yesterday I got my hair done (see above) and I like it. And I'm going to use a word I rarely use because I think it sounds RIDICULOUS and girls who tend to use this word are not girls I tend to like (no offense meant)... but peeps, I dare say I feel SASSY, and I kind of like it. Yes... that's me in a nutshell. Happy Wednesday!

15 comments:

Julie Howard said...

From today forward I shall use the word "sassy" on every single one of your LO's I comment on - just to aggravate you. :)

Your hair looks fantabulous! And I agree, nothing makes you feel more beautiful than a new doo. You look Sasstastic!

A "cheery" disposition said...

very pretty! I wish I could wear my hair like that but I dont look good with short hair.

Genevieve said...

Super cute hair! And I agree that a professional haicut can really boost your mood and confidence! I am needing one pretty bad too, perhaps you have inspired me to go for it finally!

Unknown said...

Very cute, and I know exactly what you mean about 'sassy'! :)

Anonymous said...

It is sassy and you are sassy so get over it and enjoy the word. =o)

Jocelyn said...

Oh Sassy is the word for it and I ADORE IT! You are one Hot PEEP!!!

Tenaya said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

kristinak said...

gorgeous!!
it's important to to take care of yourself. i am just starting to do that again after five years of on and off frumpiness. :)

bethchien said...

You look so pretty and oh so sassy! ;P
B

erinrwillis said...

I LOVE your hair!! I think it looks great! And yes, I know what you mean about the expense - but I always feel so good after I get my hair done!!

Denise said...

oh I am so happy that I know you don't like the word sassy..I will torment you with it now. Yes, I am a friend like that.

Really Aimee-it's not sassy as much as it is
Damn sexy.

Deana said...

Nothin' wrong with feelin' sassy (or spending big bucks for hair)...

You look great... buh bye frump! :-)

jacque4u2c said...

WOW girl - just stunning!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

You nailed it...it IS sassy! Wear it proudly! You look AMAZING!

Unknown said...

WOO HOO! You go Sassy girl!!

Looks fab!