Thursday, May 14, 2009

Only Slightly Naughty...

I have a confession to make. I'm on crack. And by crack, I mean Pioneer Woman Actions. I don't know if you've noticed, but I can't get enough of her Seventies action... you can see proof here, here, and in my avatar. Do any of you watch "How I Met Your Mother"? I think it may be time for an intervention.

Lately my crafting and thrifting interests have peaked. They're like crack. I can't get enough. I was at the thrift store yesterday and I came across a lovely bag of thread spools, three of which were WOODEN VINTAGE GOODNESS and I quickly snagged them up for Miss Stephanie, who just adores them so. I love to surprise friends with little bits and baubles I know they'll love. In fact, I love it so much I can't ever even keep my big trap shut long enough for it to be a surprise!

I couldn't resist yesterday and bought these adorable Pyrex plates! I'm really not good with dates, but I think they're from around the sixties? Kinda funky mod... I like them!



And... the Old Red Barn Co. is having a a Sew-A-Long... so I think its time I quit talking and start sewing. I've wanted a quilt forever. So today, I splurged and bought this pattern:


and I've been collecting some fabrics... I think yellows/browns/greens/ and rusty oranges. What do you think?


Oh... and who watched Grey's...damn ... it was a good one...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think those fabrics will be gorgeous! :)

Christina C. said...

been meaning to write you... but it's been crazy.

thanks again for being a super fab hostess this last weekend. so good to hang out with you and T.

Loving your super duper sassy hair.

Agreed, actions are good.

HIMYM needs no intervention. It is delicious TV crack. I can watch it over and over. I am anxiously awaiting the SF on Monday. That tease with Stella the last two episodes was pretty brutal.

also, jealous of your vintage finds. very cute plates.

Jocelyn said...

Yummy love those fabrics!!!! The dishes are awesome!!!!! Have a great weekend!

Denise said...

okay, I know you don't smoke crack--but your are a bit crackISH.
My best friend Dee is on her way to Brimfield right now for "our" birthday. We used to go every year. It is the mother lode of all flea markets in New England and I can't tell you how many times we almost fainted over the oddest assortment of crap. Glorious, bizzare, I have to have it crap.

I so understand the crackISH thing. Isn't it wonderful?

kristinak said...

seriously....that quilt will be so cute!
as for grey's, loved it!! so good!

Deana said...

Lovin' the fabric collection!

Have a great weekend! :-)