Monday, May 18, 2009

Prosperous Weekend

A peek into my foliage (ha, that sounds dirty)...






I did so many things this weekend that I've been meaning to do forever. I went junking and found lots of fun goodies. The loot included an antique window (SQUEAL OF DELIGHT), some fabulous milk glass containers, a milk glass vase, some vintage Pyrex, and a vintage aluminum pitcher. I'm going to hang the window in my bathroom in the alcove above my soaking tub, I think it will look so cool and I can't wait.

I planted flowers in beds, pots, and hanging baskets. I fertilized them all too.

I scrubbed down the deck and deck furniture from the winter's rain and algae.

I made a lovely fruit salad.

I made a batch of strawberry rhubarb jam which I'm thinking about posting in my etsy shop. I love making jam so much we won't ever be able to eat it all...

Flowers and dirt and cooking and good friends and junking make a weekend compete and delightful. They set my soul at peace and make me happy. Oh the joy of simple pleasures. What are your simple pleasures?

(Oh, and a funny aside for those of you who read to the bottom... speaking of bottoms, I was at the gym today and rode the bike for 45 minutes and of course was sweating like a pig. ---Funny note, pigs don't actually sweat--- Okay I was sweating like a fat man in a sauna and every few moments wiping beads of sweat off my brow, behind my neck... i feel that trickle going down between the girls

**note, the first time I read this through I thought some of you may think "the girls" were my bottom cheeks... and this is not true. I hope it is mutually understood that the girls are the "tits" ... **


and I have that moment of fear. You know, that moment when you think, "will I have sweat through my gray sweatpants and will people think I've urinated on the bike?" Yes. Today my fears were realized. Today I sweat through my pants and it did indeed look like I'd done something foul... my sister confirmed that the sweat had seeped through my pants and it was not just my over-active imagination. Then she calmly asked if I'd like to go do weights now. Yeah, let me just bend over, lift weights and give everyone a better look at what they think is a little dribble of piss on my pants. I opted to pull my t-shirt down as far as possible and attempt to pass everyone on the way down the stairs and out to my car from the front and with my dignity in tact. Note to self, when riding the bike for 45 minutes, wear black pants or suffer the detrimental consequences, end note.)

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I am laughing soooo hard!!!! Have done this and wanted to run from the GYM so fast!!!!!! I just adore your Blog! Love all the new plants...so pretty!!! Have a great Tuesday!

Lisa said...

Well, I absolutely love peeking into your foliage...LMAO!!! You are one funny girl! And the bike story...too funny! But yay to you for going! I did nadda this weekend. I do my "hard core" (term used loosely) workouts on weekdays and save the weekends for fun exercise. Yeah, I think fun exercise really does exist. The rain caused me to be a couch potato. But at least I got to be one with my hunk of a man in Atlanta! Hope your wellness challenge is going well. From this post I would gather it is going swimmingly!!! BTW, strawberry rhubarb jam? YUM! Love ya girl!!!

Denise said...

ah yes,
another cup of coffee and
the glorious
hilarity of Aimee and the "girls"

all is right with the world.
and I mean that-

so love you.

Deana said...

Hilarious... the other day I mentioned to my daughter after I ran that "I was sweating like a pig." She informed me that "pigs don't sweat."

I said, "Well, this pig does."

Have a good one! :-)

Unknown said...

Ha! That is too funny! :)

Miss Lorrypop said...

I always refer to mine as "the girls" as well lol

u know what, they say u really shouldn't eat pork because the pigs don't sweat and all their toxins get inside you.... gross!

love the plants! and thanks for commenting on my blog, i might just give the old nettie pot a try! xxx

shalay said...

LOL poor you! At least you know you got a really good workout.

Unknown said...

totally cracked up over your title!
and holy cow I so feel you on that profuse sweating problem! UGH. that buttcrack sweat is so unattractive but a reality nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Great weekend! I love your plants, and you are hilarious!