She who has never called in sick once. She who stays sometimes till 5pm after the shop is closed just to make sure billing gets done. She who goes above and beyond everyday.
20% paycut.
Those words are just unfathomable to me... not only that, but it was a slap in the face...
Anyway, I was basically speechless when he told me yesterday, so I didn't really say anything because I knew whatever came out of my mouth would be slanderous dribble... I managed to keep my tounge reeled in and the tears from coming, even though the only time I ever cry is out of anger and this... this was definitely one of those times I could have unleashed the flood gates.
BUT HE DOESN'T DESERVE THE SATISFACTION!
And so last night, I went home. I worked on my resume. I took my dog for a walk. I made a nice dinner for my husband and myself. And, I applied for tons and tons of jobs. And tonight, I shall do much of the same. And then one day I can walk into this office and say "THANK YOU, COME AGAIN." and walk out. And that will be my shining moment. My time for glory. And, it is entirely doubtful that there will be a two week notice because whomever it may be the hires me, they will get me whenever, I don't care if its the next day.
Because life is too precious and too short. And... as they've made it apparently obvious, I don't owe these fuckers anything. HA!
(On a happy note, my very sweet friend Stephanie has made me a new banner for my blog, and I love it. She is the best!)
13 comments:
you go girl :) you are way toooo good for that job!
Seriously?!?! They don't deserve you... I'll be thinking 'good job with lots o' money' thoughts for you!
I'm with Jamie...you go girl and do just what you said you were going to do!
Love your new banner and GOOD GIRL!!! keep me posted on the job hunt and yes, fuck them!
B
Good luck with that job search! Go find someone who will appreciate all your wonderfulness!!!
Wow that sucks! And good for you for deciding that you don't have to put up with that, I'm totally with you on that point, life is too short to waste on a job that you don't like/doesn't treat you well. Good luck with the job search, I'm sure you'll find something great!
Ugh!!! That makes me so angry. I worked in a totally effed up office for 9 months last year. My bosses ran the business into the ground and did tons of illegal stuff. The day I got laid off was one of the happiest days of my life. I really hope you find a new job soon! 20% is just ridiculous!
I had a d--k head boss tell me he was giving me a $10,000 cut in pay. Same sitution... I did everything for this guy. Was running his office b/c he was not there much. I packed up my stuff on the spot & walked out.
Good for you that you're already looking. You WILL find something & it WILL work out for the best! Will be thinking about you & hoping for good news SOON!
In the meantime, pour yourself some wine & enjoy your weekend! :-)
oh sweetie, I am so sorry.
The most important thing is that you remember who you are and what you are worth.
It just happened to Bill to....800 less a month and it's not like he works year round..ouch.
It's going to be a beautiful weekend here in the Northwest so you just enjoy-eat, drink and love that husband of yours. Your right, life is too short and you'll find a better situation--I just know it!!
Hells bells darling-if I had a lot of money I'd hire you for 3x your pre-cut salary just to have coffee with me and make me laugh! oh-you already do that (except the coffee technically)
I owe you big.
You go girl. Good luck with the job hunting.
Well that just blows! First, I'm amazed that I didn't know what you did for a living. You are just too cool. Don't they realize what a hot comodity they have in their possession?! I wish you only the best in your job search.
Good luck on your job hunt!
your employer makes me soo angry!! I hope you find a place that really appreciates you! hang in there!
Post a Comment