Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Clothes and Sonic

So I ordered some new clothes from the Gap. I love ordering clothes from them, especially pants, because they come in extra long and I can wear heels with their pants without looking like I'm afraid the toilet will overflow and soak my tootsies. (In other words, they're not high-waters on me). I'm REALLY tall and I have REALLY long legs. I wear a 36" inseam if I want to wear heels. Really a 37 would probably be better, but nobody makes those.

I love the pants I got. Their pants always fit me really well and are super cute.

Their shirts however, not so much. I ordered this cute little thing:





Wait. Shoot. Let me rephrase that. I bought this freaking HUGE mumu from The Gap. When I put it on I somewhat resembled Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when she turned into a blueberry, only white. It looks a little pink in the picture, but no, its a really ugly orange red with brown stripes. And let me tell you, usually vertical stripes are flattering...but not when they're on a giant blueberry.

I also bought this super cute little thing:

It's short, and poufs out around the gut, and the sleeves are so tight they won't even sit where they're supposed to. It's basically a disaster made out of super-soft cotton.

And onto Sonic. We don't have a lot of them up here in the Northwest... I think the only other one in Washington State is in Yakima and it JUST opened. So you can imagine people are going apeshit. And by apeshit, I mean willing to wait in line for three hours. Let me say that again, THREE HOURS!

I'm sorry, but I'll never be so curious about food that I'll sit in my car for three hours and wait for the line to die down. Never. The other night we went by there because the drive through line didn't look spectactuarly long, but it was only because 90% of the cars in it were wound around this crazy maze in the adjacent parking lot. The wait was still ridiculous. We went elsewhere... needless to say.

I just can't believe the insanity!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Pretty sure I'd look like a pasty blueberry myself in that one. Here's to being able to return stuff!

Denise said...

Aimee-your legs are like 6/7 inches longer than mine..yikes! I am short. How I wish I was tall. I so get the shirt thing, why? Why is it so hard to look cute in clothes? Because they design them for women who are a size 0 or maybe 1. I was in old navy last weekend trying on jeans (I would rather set myself on fire than shop for clothes)and the sales girl said, "you really should get those in the next smallest size. I bought the 2 and wish I had gotten the 1." For a moment all went blurry and she looked strangely like a raccoon I once knew....

Lisa said...

I'm with you...NO food is worth that kind of wait...especially not FAST food!

Tenaya said...

LOL - long legs...I order pants from the Gap b/c they come with a 29" inseam! LOL.

RE: SONIC...come here. There is one two minutes from my work. (dare I say a little over-rated, and not worth the 3 hour wait?)

Jocelyn said...

Love the tops...I am like you....can't really find anything that looks good on me like it does in the books!!!!1 Sonic....hmmm...three hours..hmmmm..NO WAY!!!!!!! I would have left and just wait till the newness goes away!!!! Happy Thursday!

Deana said...

Yeah, I wear a 32 inseam with heels... only 5'4" here. Would kill for long legs... :-)


And WTF... Sonic? No thank you. Not even for a 3 MINUTE wait. :-(

You're not missing out on anything...

kristinak said...

We have the exact opposite problem. My torso is really long and my legs are short. Even petite pants are too long...lol.
I have never been to sonic...
And there is no way I would wait three hours to go. :)

bethchien said...

I don't get it? Were they giving away burgers with $100 bills in them? Sonic is not worth that. period. lol
Hope you are having a great weekend, babe!
B

Genevieve said...

Sorry to hear about the clothing mishaps, that's why I'm so hesitant to buy clothes online, those models/mannequins do not represent how the clothes look most of the time. Glad to hear you had a fun and productive weekend though!

Anonymous said...

I want to go to sonic, but not to wait in a line like that! No way!