Sunday, May 10, 2009

Too Quickly

I hope all you Mothers out there had a wonderful day!

Argh, once again the weekend's gone by too fast, I've eaten too much, and am really not looking forward to work tomorrow.

We spent the day down at the Mother In Law's house, we had ribs and potato salad and chocolate crock pot cake. It was divine and relaxing. The dog got to swim in the lake and we played lots of fetch.

Yesterday I spent the day with a couple of my favorite scrapping friends, Tenaya and Christina. We had a blast, great conversation and pages were made. We had a fabulous lunch of tomatoes, bruschetta, oil, and balsamic, fresh strawberries, grapes, cheeses, and this FANTASTIC coffee cake Christina brought. She rocks :) Good company really brings out your creative side. I got a couple of new pages done as well:


And the great thing about having people over to scrap (at least for me) is I'm forced to clean my crafting space, so now its clean and I feel more creative than ever. This week I hope will be filled with creative wonderfulness! Also, you get to use new tools... like the Martha Stewart edge punches... and become hopelessly addicted to them and NEED every single one for your own punching arsenal.

I fertilized all my plants this evening, my new lavendar is doing great over by the steps. I love it so much I would like to get another but nobody has them. It makes me so sad!

How was everyone's weekend? Any new recipes to share?

7 comments:

Kristi B. said...

awesome layouts!
You sound just like me. I think about planning crop days so my space gets cleaned, BBQs so the yard gets done.
I am totally in love with the MS punches too!

Jocelyn said...

Look at you go girl!!! Love the LO's and man you did some great eating!!!! Yummo...I need to come and visit to eat some of those good foods!!!!! I so need to clean this scrap space, I can't find a thing!!!!! Have a wonderful Monday, sorry no recipes today!!!

Lisa said...

Chocolate crock pot cake? Never heard of it, but it sure sounds like something I would LOVE! Glad you had a great time scrapping, visiting and eating...all the makings of a fantastic weekend! You did a great job with the LO's. Can't wait to see more from your newly cleaned scrap space. Right now, I can barely get through the door of mine!

bethchien said...

I did the EXACT SAME THING THIS WEEKEND! I ate way too much, it went by way too fast, and I way didn't want to come into work this morning! lol
cool layout! Glad you had a great weekend!
B

Unknown said...

i love those layouts!!!
your mother's day dinner sounds so yum!!
and i am totally jealous of your scrappy get-together!!
have a great day!

Denise said...

oh Aimee, I felt the same way last night. I'm too cheap to play the lottery but every once in awhile if I have change in my pocket I buy a quick pic. I tell you woman, if I win, you win. No more plumbing supplies for you and no more cleaning toilets for me!

Until then, love your layouts and the menu sounds yummy and similiar. We had some pull pork, coleslaw, and brownies that I loaded with walnuts and Giradelli super dark chocolate chunks. so good. oh and sweet tea because I had my wine alottment the night before.

Hot mess?
yeah. {loved the card :)}

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at you go girl! Yummy sounding treats and lovely pages.