Thursday, July 30, 2009

BOB

That is what my husband calls the sun. "BRIGHT ORANGE BALL". We've been seeing a lot of BOB here in these parts. SO much in fact that every night since Sunday I've been retreating to the parents house, wherein there lies... a pool. Tee hee.

Even with my air conditioning full bore in the car, my back sweats against the hot black seat. I love that moment, all sweaty and gross, when the tip of my toe just touches the water, and glorious relief floods through my body as I'm now ankle deep in cooling, mood altering, goodness. A floaty and a coffee cup full of pink panty droppers ice water and I'm a new woman, every care just floats away.

What I'm trying to say is that I get a bit cranky when hot.

I've taken to carrying my swimsuit around in my car and shaving my bikini line daily...just in case the heat gets so unbearable it is necessary that I dip myself.

Some of you that live in the South think we're wussies up here, but we're used to a "mild" climate... not steaming hot weather like Vegas in the summer! We live here because we don't like our clothes to stick to us an we prefer a cool ocean breeze to stagnant heavy humidity any day. So I really think we are not wussies. We just aren't used to what you consider normal. So stop telling us its not that bad!

The husband turned 30 this weekend. I almost want to stop calling him hubs and start calling him husband now that he's older, wiser, and more mature. My sister and her boyfriend... the jokesters that they are, showered him in lovely gifts of Goodwill purchased "old man clothes". See evidence below.



(Please note that his hat says, "If you find my hair, please call the tips hotline!")

There were some other shenanigans at the party. There may or may not have been jell-o shots consumed by hilarious grandparents. Or...me droppin' like its hot. I tend to think its okay to dance like the world is going to end when I have had a few adult beverages. My friends wouldn't know what a party at my house would be without Aimee drinking slightly over her limit and dancing inappropriately until the last guest leaves. (At which point, she realizes she has hardly eaten a thing and gives up dancing for a new party... a party in her mouth.)

CJ got his own cake that Dayna made special just for him:



and shortly thereafter ripped into it like a one-year-old:



We spent Sunday recouperating from the pink panty droppers and death cake in my parents pool. It was really terrible. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.





How was your weekend?

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's really not that bad. And you're a wussy.

bethchien said...

ahaha party in your mouth, eh? lol
Love the old man clothes and love that you drink a few more over your limit and do some inappropriate dancing. How did we not get totally crunk at SIS? We need to put that on our list of things to do next year. You hear me?? :P
B

Jocelyn said...

I just adore the pics of Hubby in his old man clothes and that hat...too cute!!!!! Man....you guys are getting hit with major heat...I am used to the heat and humidity...but I hate in and stay in the air conditioned house only to venture out when I have to!!!! Stay cool and enjoy the pool!!! :)

erinrwillis said...

Sweet cheeks and pink panty droppers. Sounds like you're really livin' it up over there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetcheeks! The pics of the "old man" are too funny and I am soo glad you know how to have a good time!
And way to tell the "others" out there that we are not wusses!
But how come I haven't been invited to the pool parties?

Lori W said...

heeheeeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Holly said...

That's so funny... my husband calls the sun "BOB" too! I never understood where he got that from. LOL! Looks like a fab party!

Denise said...

Ugh. I hate it too. the heat that is-not the party in the mouth or the picture of you slightly over your adult beverage limit-dancing the world is ending.
that I love.

Denise said...

I just read my comment. I am missing a few words and proper punctuation. I have not consumed more than my adult beverage limit though. really.