Sorry, that title is only relevant because we watched it twice on the drive home yesterday. We were stuck in traffic for SIX hours on what should have been a 2.5 hour drive. By the time we got home I was radiant with charisma. And had somehow gained an unsightly guacamole stain near the crotch of my campfire smelling sweatpants. Imagine that
Um, also you may have noticed I haven't blogged for weeks. This is because I am a
TN Recap:
I met some of the greatest ladies ever. It was awesome to get to dork-out and talk about ridiculous things like ATGs, Bling, Tim Holtz, Bazzill, and have people actually get me. I'm used to that puzzled blank stare and this was a welcome difference. We had lots of laughs and lots of scrappy time and um, several err... adult beverages as well. I think I completed around a dozen pages.
It was great getting to spend a week with the fabulous Mrs. Wheeler and per usual, her hospitality astounded me. Monday evening they threw a shrimp boil in my honor (err, or maybe it was just an excuse to eat good shrimp and drink beer, I'll take it either way). It was my very first southern shrimp boil and I can honestly say, I was impressed. I even learned how to make dirty rice and cucumber water. I love trying all these new foods!
Here are some layouts:







Its good to be home, sleep in my own bed, spend a little time with the husband and see my pooch.
Fourth of July was great. Spent the weekend at Ocean Shores with some friends, had lots of good food (including this carne asada recipe, which was on of those "HOLY SHIT" good recipes...) There was so much smoke on the beach that I felt like I'd smoked a carton of Camels as we were walking back to the campsite, but slowly the need to hack up a lung is subsiding.
How was your fourth? What did you do/eat?
7 comments:
welcome back you traveling fool! oh how I envy you! Mmmm.. all that food sounds delish and your layouts are divine!
we had sliders on the 4th... I am going to post all about them tomorrow, my brother went a bit crazy!
My 4th was good, relaxing and productive...all at the same time. :D
Glad you have had some fun lately! I wish I could have gone to the beach after SIS! lol
Love your layouts, babe! Can't wait until next year!
B
The layouts are fab! Where are your Sis pics?! :)
sounds like you had a fantastic week! yay!xo
Welcome back! Your LO's are absolutely ADORABLE! Sounds like everyone had a blast at SIS. And then to the beach? Perfect... :-)
Hey! Missed you Aimee. Those layouts are fantastic-love the Dr. feel good-yikes!
I ate:
blue cheesed stuffed hamburgers and homemade seet potato fries on the fourth and on Sunday I made grilled mahi with mushroom rissoto and a fresh green bean salad. in between I ate way to many potato chips and might have sneaked a donut in on Sunday morning with my coffee.
I saw photos of you at sis somewhere-so glad you guys had fun!! maybe next year!
Have missed you and you have been busy!!!!! Love all the gorgeous LO's...you rocked them...now take some time to rest and recharge!!! Have a great one!!!
I haven't blogged either, since before Nashville.... I need to do that... Glad to hear you had a good 4th weekend....Maybe you should do a page about your stained-crotch sweatpants, huh?.... And I can't remember whose pic this was on Flickr, but there's one of me and you carrying our drinks, walking somewhere. Funny!.... Miss you!! You're awesome.
Post a Comment