Monday, June 15, 2009

And She Finally Got With The Times

For those of you who know me personally, you know I'm kind of low-tech. I prefer a garden to the TV and to make it myself instead of sitting down on the computer and ordering it from a multitude of websites. I am a do-it-yourselfer. A low-tech gal. A leader of a simple life. Um, yeah, until yesterday when I got this little beaut --

This is the first time in my life I have been able to check my email from my phone, text message, send videos or pictures, use a calendar like my outlook, add addresses and birthdays and anniversaries, have a nav system at my fingertips... (insert endless babble and chatter here)... To say the least I am overwhelmed and completely out of my element... but on the other hand, it makes me superbly giddy at the same time. Um yes, so next time you call me, your picture may just come up... and you may hear Lie In Our Graves by Dave Matthews Band... and I may just squeal with delight.

How was your weekend?

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on entry into the high tech world!!! I'm still in low tech land but I may just have to see how well you like it and then take the plunge!

My weekend was exhausting but very good. Traveled back from the beach, over 6 hours on the road to go straight to a wedding, unpack, etc. Glad to be home though! Hope you are having a great Monday!!!

Anonymous said...

woohoo!! now I can text you and you will actually get it. LOL! Enjoy!

Jocelyn said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Wishing you a great week!

erinrwillis said...

Had a great weekend!....And so funny you posted this, b/c I was recently totally making fun of my friend for having a Crackberry. Until last week, when I realized I kinda wanted one too... (I have about the most basic cell phone you can get).

Mandi Johnson said...

If it makes you feel any better... the last piece of technology I bought was a walkman. :) Ever since then I've taken everyone else's hand-me-downs!

Sandy said...

that phone is disgustingly cool - so jeal!! see ya friday sweets!!!! so excited!!

Anonymous said...

only 3 more days!!
I'm getting that phone before I head back on down the road to Mexico!!
did I mention, only 3 more days!?

Lulu said...

Very cool! I am with you on the low tech side... I wouldn't even know what to do with one of those.. hehe

Stephanie said...

Freakin Finally :)