Tuesday, July 21, 2009

this and that

Nothing much to report today. I did can 25 lbs of cherries last night. I know, HOLY MOTHER. I found a great deal on organic bing cherries... 10 lbs or more were .99 cents a pound. So, needless to say, I couldn't help myself. My two favorite fruits to eat canned in delicious sugary syrup are A. Cherries and B. Pears. So I'll be doing both of those, I think. (I do make a really really light syrup... so mine aren't as bad as the storebought. If you buy good ripe fruit, it works).

I was a little disheartened this morning when I got to the 'Bucks only to be told that because I had not printed out the coupon for my free pastry, I was basically shit out of luck. Um, I never saw a print option. Perhaps I am blind, yes. That must be it. (Speaking of blind, I am getting contacts today, OH HAPPY DAY! I can wear normal sunglasses!) The barista that makes the drinks at my local Starbucks is a super star. She makes the best drinks and she is always friendly and polite. The cashier however, ... makes me want to throw up in my mouth. I told her iced twice and she wrote it all down on a hot cup. I am judgemental, I know. But I did coffee for six years. It's really not that much pressure people. Get it straight.

Here are some lovely photos of my sister and I at the concert. Just so you know for certain that we were there.




(This is said flower hat from 1981. Notice also that her lover is a stellar dresser to boot... sorry its fuzzy... we were trying to stay incognito).

5 comments:

Julie Howard said...

You're right! That hat is soooo Molly Ringwald/Pretty in Pink. Where was Duckie?

Jocelyn said...

I saw that on TV this morning that you had to print out a coupon...stinks you did not get your free pastry!!! Love the pic...you two are adorable and oh my cherries....my all time favorite.....I LOVE THEM!!! Have a great day!!! :)

erinrwillis said...

Those cherries sound good!!! I like the flower hat pic too. ;)

Anonymous said...

hmmm... what do you do with 25 lbs of canned cherries. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever had canned cherries. Even if I canned I think I would eat them all before I got anywhere with them. LOL! I love cherries.
Glad you had fun at the concert... that hat is way too funny!

Holly said...

99 cents!?! You lucky woman! I love cherries! But, ours are something ridiculous like $3.99 per pound. That didn't stop me from buying 2 pounds of them, though. I made a really yummy breakfast/dessert out of them. There's a post on my blog about it a couple of days ago. It was so good (and super easy to make). I've been on a total canning kick this summer too... lots of pickles around here. LOL!