With that said, I'm going to make some jokes out of some of the things I've been struggling with lately. Some things in my own life that have brought up a lot of emotions for me. A roller-coaster if you will. A joke roller-coaster, cuz that's what I do, I make jokes. The biggest cause of 'over indulgence' is my job, which has caused me so much bitterness and anger that I don't even know where to start. So... when I'm feeling down, or stressed, or angry, I tend to do one thing to make myself feel better. Funny, it never works. I'M AN EATER.
Okay, there, I've said it. I throw parties in my mouth. Sweet, salty, fattening, low fat, home baked, bbq'd, souffled, you name it, I want it, hot or cold, in my mouth. Old bike tires, give em to me, I'll eat em like the Cookie Monster. Okay, so maybe I won't eat old bike tires, in fact, I'm pretty certain I've never even licked one (set your minds at ease). But you get where this is going. Whatever it is that's bothering me, I shove it down with a nice slice of rhubarb pie. In two words I can describe my body... rubbish lorrie.
Yesterday I was feeling especially bad, and a good friend came and picked me up and took me shopping. It's sometimes a little disheartening to go shopping when you're not the weight you want to be. And I have gained a bit of weight recently... from this 'party' so to speak and I've got to do something about it and I know it. The work-out regimen has become lax, the couch potato-ing much more appetizing, and its time for all that "rubbish" to come to an abrupt and screeching halt. Please, hold the cheesy potatoes and put the dressing on the side. She's enlisting the help of Richard Simmons to undo the damage that has been done. (A little aside, whenever I hear the name Richard, I want to scream "DICK"... ) The gym, the Firm, Turbo Jam, Bodyworks Plus Abs, and Freeweights... here I come. I'm picking back up where I left off and re-starting this 'bringing sexy back' bit. (Really, this whole thing was my friend Jamie's idea... as we were trying on far larger sizes than we like to admit the general public... but this is my blog, so we'll pretend it was my idea and I'm the motivated go-getter, k?)
So um, there's me in a nutshell. If you see me shoving doughnuts down the hatch, you best apologize cuz you've probably hurt my feelings. (ha). Now, back to work, but tonight I'm working out and getting in my craft room, same tomorrow, and Sunday I'm canning homemade applesauce and applebutter with the sis. (We're going to do low-sugar all natural on the applesauce, so it will be a perfect snack for back on track). Yeah, I work out and I rhyme... jealous?
Oh, and because no blog post is complete without a picture, here's one from Steffie's wedding this weekend from the professional photographer. (I LOVE THIS PICTURE...that old truck was so freaking cool).
10 comments:
Dude. You have no idea. I've been partying for YEARS! ;) I've been thinking about my weight this week a lot and was thinking about it this morning in relation to someone who smokes and is trying to quit- I'm not a smoker, but I can only imagine how terribly difficult it is to quit, and I think that we need realize that losing weight (a lot of it) is similar- it WON'T BE EASY. But, it is possible. Ok. Just wanted you to know that you are certainly not alone.
I can really relate to what you're saying. For me, it's not so much getting the motivation, as it is actually keeping the motivation going! So a big kudos to you for "getting back on track."
And the "DICK!!!" thing made me laugh. I work w/someone w/that name, and whenever he calls, I say "Hey Dick" and then snicker silently. Tee hee.
I know what you mean Aimee, I lost weight when I was sick in May and June and now it's August and I turn around it's all back! Ugh! It's been too hot to exercise though, that's my excuse. LOL, yeah I am full of them, excuses, cookies, cupcakes, chex mix, anything. I think it's because I hate my job too.
Aimee-just got back from some vacationing shannanigins and read your post. You are so wonderful Aimee-seriously, and I know you can do it. I have been thinking about some things myself and I think I need to just think about the next 24 hours. thinking too far ahead makes me anxious but I can manage a lot in 24 hour slots. Love ya-
Denise
GOOD GIRL!
Now, come kick my ass into getting in shape.
and wicked beautiful photo!
I love this post....I love the real.....this is what life is all about and I love that you are able to write about it and set goals!!!! My husbnad does the very same thing....he stresses he eats...and is now having health issues because of his weight! I on the other hand stop eating....and that is not good either...but I admit...the pounds that I have put on I hate!!!! I love food...just as you.....and I find comfort in it!!!! Along with that comfort comes the clothes that no longer fit....the muffin top that I hate and can't wait to get into sweatshirts to hide and the sense that I hate how I look....hence go for the exercise.....I am supporting you!!!!! This is awesome.....Hard work and when you want to stick that doughnut in your mouth......look back at this post and all those that care about your!!!! Best of luck and the canning sounds delish!!!!! :)
you go girl! bring it back!
can i also say, i really enjoy reading your blog, like really. (said in my best valley voice of course)
Been there, done that. It really wasn't until I figured out what it was that was eating me, that I could quit filling myself up with food though. I still LOVE to eat, but everything in moderation is my motto. And I've figured out what's fun for me as far as exercising goes, so it's easier to get up & do it. Rooting for you, Aimee! You can do this... :-)
Aimee -
Just dropped by to say thanks for visiting us at Gauche Alchemy! I agree - that truck pick is extremely cool. My bro and SIL are pro photographers (all digital), and I never fail to be amazed by what they can do!
P.S. Along with half of America, I've been trying to trim down - have gained 40 pounds since I got out of grad school... funny how a few pounds here and there can add up! Anyway, I've had some really good success with swearing off sugar and refined carbs (white bread, white pasta, etc.) It's all whole grains for me. It's really, really hard for the few couple of weeks - in fact, I went the carb-free (except veggies) for the first couple of weeks to get myself over the addiction to sugar hump (recommended by South Beach Diet - not that I'm following that now - I'm still a carbaholic... just all whole grains and fruit now). It really does get easier when you cut out sugar and refined stuff - I slipped up and had some goodies the other day (lemon merangue and some apple pie). I was shocked to find that I didn't even LIKE it! Seriously. Can this be MY life? The lemon was WAY too sweet, and I had to throw it away. The pastry for the apple pie was very tasty, but I couldn't handle the apples inside - too sweet. Really - very strange. I think you get addicted to the IDEA of sugar, too... but if you can get to the point where you realize smelling and looking at it are more pleasurable than actually EATING it, I think that's a great corner to turn. Wish me luck on not backsliding. I can certainly still eat a bag of chips if I let myself!
Post a Comment