Friday, November 6, 2009

Crazy Ladies, Babies, and Bluehairs.

Jamie and I got up early this morning and hit an estate sale in Auburn. There was this crazy woman there with a kid. She barged her way through the house with him in the stroller and he I heard a lot of squelching that I was not pleased with. Oh, did I mention she was like 6'2" and add another 3" for the mop she had on her head?

And there's more.

Jamie had seen her at another estate sale a month or so before. She'd actually left him in a room she wasn't in and continued scanning the house for treasure. Jamie overheard a woman walk into the room where he was and holler, "oh there's a kid in here with no price tag!" OY! Her car had been packed with so much shizz, Jamie and her mom saw this lady put her kid into the console in her Lexus and drive off with him there. Tell me that's not balls to the wall crazy? Hi, I'm nuts, and here's my kid, he's in the console, right where he should be. Don't mind us...

But nevermind.

Speaking of nutty people... I've really loved being able to go grocery shopping in the AM. However, if you wait too long the bluehairs are out, shuffling their carts and oxygen tanks down the isle, taking up 3/4 of the space, and pondering for eternities over whole wheat or regular pasta. At least they don't usually speak, right?

This morning we actually saw an "orange-hair". Jamie wanted to ask her who her hairdresser was, but I stopped her just in time.

We found a few new treasures for the etsy shop:

5 comments:

erinrwillis said...

OMG, I'd be willing to drive cross-country to go estate saling w/you. Oh, the stories.

And I love that apron!

Jocelyn said...

You soooo make me smile!!! I so want to go with you guys...what fun!!!! The stories you tell...you must submit these somewhere...people would pay to read your writing!!!! Have a great weekend!!! :-)

Julie Howard said...

You had me at Crazy Ladies, Babies, and Bluehairs...

Denise said...

I so want you to come to the--we sell anything--store downtown here. seriously no one but me gets how hysterical and odd these people are and how much I love all the crap in there. Will you be my best friend?

Denise said...

Aimee-check out my blog. my good friend Adrienne just opened a webstore filled with vintagey stuff. I sent a link of your store to her but go check her out. she was my flea market/dumpster diving partner in crime!