Sunday, December 13, 2009

A December Day in Seattle



Yesterday morning CJ, Jamie, Dustin and I headed off to Seattle for a bit of cheer, some good food and Christmas shopping.

We hit Beth's Cafe first because the guys have never been there. Jamie and I have on a previous visit... so we know of its amazingness firsthand. We ate way too much, rolled ourselves out to the car, and found a place to park at the Market. They had so many wonderful soaps and teas and fruits and veggies and nuts and so on and so forth this year. I think I just about finished up my Christmas shopping. Some of the arrangements were so pretty this year. I especially loved the unique look of these cabbage flowers. I had to take a picture.

We visited the bakery (I can't ever go there and not have a bite of something sweet) and got four different things to try... apple fritter, coconut cream danish, giant jam thumbprint, almond cookie dipped in chocolate. Everything was amazing and washed down with some honey crisp apple cider. We stopped off at Kells Irish Pub where I had a pint of Guinness and everybody else drank something sissy ;)

My camera battery had gone out by that time so all the pictures there forward are on Jamie's cam :(

We stopped off at Red Light Vintage and the Seattle Goodwill, both of which had amazing treasures that I can't wait to post.

We went to dinner at the Pyramid Brewery where we tasted the Apricot Ale, the Snow Cap, the Hef, the Blonde, and the Pear Cider... each of which were quite nice in their own way. And we ate. A lot.

Lovely day, so much fun. How was your weekend?

6 comments:

Denise said...

My weekend was fabulous. I had a hooky day with the boys on friday-no school or work. bought a tree, decorated the house, watched the montana grizzlies win a ticket to the national championships, ate buffalo chicken dip (that stuff is evil :)) and shoveled snow. glad you had a good weekend to!

Nicole said...

sounds like a great time was had by all...would LOVE to get to that side of the country someday!!

Christina C. said...

yay! sounds like a great day!
can't wait to hear about your treasures.

It sounds like you guys ate a LOT though.. but with the market, you kind of have to. ;)

erinrwillis said...

Had a good weekend. Alison had her first visit with Santa. :)

Looks like you had a great weekend! I want to visit Seattle one day!!!!

Tenaya said...

what a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

wow! sounds like a fun and delicious day!