To be honest, I was a little afraid to do it. I thought all these little tight-butt runners would be there with their Saucony gear and perfect washboard abs, but actually there were all sorts of people from little kids to probably 350-400 pounds. I was right in the middle. It was great to see everyone out their in their Christmas get-ups... we saw a whole team of reindeer pulling a fake sleigh, a christmas tree, a present, elves, Santas, Mrs. Claus. It was fantastic. I had a great time and I'm really looking forward to the St. Patty's day run in March and I'm signing up early cuz its cheaper. (And I'm frugal. I buy huge 5lb bags of cocoa powder at Cash n Carry, remember?).
(You'll notice I'm running so fast I'm blurry... that was purely for the photo-shoot purposes...)I've also been making more handmade gifts. There's a store by us that sells local produce and you can always get it cheaper if you buy bigger quantities... over 10 lbs and you save roughly .10-.20 cents per pound. I go there to buy a lot of my produce for jam making because A. its local and B. its a great price. I got tons of big yummy apples so I've been making gobs of fresh apple butter. Not only is it a super fun gift to give, but it also makes my house smell delicious with no chemical fake apple cinnamon smell either. (Although they're getting rather good at imitating scents... sometimes I almost believe its real!)
Here are a few shots of the goods:
(See those adorable tags Steph made us? I love her tags!!!)
6 comments:
Congrats on the 5k! I keep meaning to do that... haha
That is REALLY awesome about the 5K, Aimee! You should feel very proud of that! :-)
Hugs...
Congrats on the 5K and those presents are just soooooo adorable!!!! Boy.....someone is going to be super lucky!!
I would like to take this time to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!!!
Smiles :-)
congrats on your run!
Way to GO on the 5k! I've been wanting to do one of these!! Love the pics.
way to go on the 5K! you rock! and those apple butters with the tag are soo cute!
Post a Comment