Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Christmas

I had a wonderful Christmas and was spoiled rotten by my family and friends. I love every gift I received this year and some of them were so thoughtful I almost cried when opening them. (Okay, so not really, but I was tearing up on the inside, I promise).

I got to meet an aunt of my husbands that I've never met and we've been together for 10 years! That is just crazy. His entire family was at his grandma's house this year so we all crammed in and ate like pigs. I passed out my homemade jam, bread, and cookies and received lots of goodies in return (some of which I may or may not have broken into ...ahem banana bread, ahem...).

We then went to my aunt's house. It was a smashing time. Always good to see the cousins. My grandma and grandpa flew up from Arizona this year too, making it just that much more fun. (A funny aside... and I'm totally going to hell for sharing this... there was a putrid smell in the hall about halfway through the evening. I don't know who caused it... but I do know where it came from. Someone (who is still at large) took a large mud-skipper in the downstairs bathroom, causing quite a mess and stench... much to my Aunt's dismay. Just after she had cleaned it, she discovered this, from the lovely Dan... poor thing probably had to go to bed with a double martini after her house was ravaged by the Thompsons...




my sister speculates my grandmother was the culprit, as she was missing for an amount of time.)

This morning we had a bit of a scare. I won't go into the gory details (I know... not like me). But hubs was up and at it from both ends beginning at 3:30 am... by 9:30 we were at the emergency room. For those of you who know me well, know that I am an EXCRUTIATINGLY WEENERISTIC WEENIE when it comes to hospitals. Merely entering one can make me vomitous and light-headed. I get cold sweats, lose coloring in my face, ringing in the ears...the whole bit really. Sometimes I have to sit down and put my head between my knees and then College Prep Bio class all comes back in a huge rush of deja vu'.

I did okay today... only a few moments qualm. A quick splash of water to the face in the ladies room and I was back to pretending all was well. Until they started talk of pricking fingers... but I quickly distracted myself and was back on track. Hubs is home, has been sleeping all day, they've given him an antibiotic... thinking he has some sort of gastro-intestinal infection. They ruled out food poisoning and ecoli, thank goodness. He's already feeling much better, lots of sleep, water, etc. A bit of "Hangover" and "Inglorious Basterds" and all is much more manageable.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes! glad to hear the hubby is on his way to recovering!

erinrwillis said...

If you write a book, I will totally buy it. You tell the best stories (and I know I've told you that before).

That sounds horrid, about CJ's stomach problems. OMG.