My best friend Leahna and I were at her house, plotting ways to become rich and famous. We were probably about 9, cassettes were still popular, so we couldn't have been more than 11. We decided that the best way for us to become rich and famous was to make a Christmas demo on a cassette. Luckily she had an old Teddy Ruxpin tape that we could so totally record over.
We set up our studio. We planned out our moves. We gathered our instruments. She had this pair of jingle bell bunny earrings we'd use for the bell noise, I was really fantastic at slapping my legs in perfect harmony to sound like horses clopping hooves, and of course there was the trusty Casio for the drum beat. I mean, like, this was no-fail super-stardom here people. We knew we were going to hit the big time. So together, in perfect harmony, we sang our own rendition of the classic "Jingle Bell Rock" complete with bunny earring jingle bells for sound. And then we followed it with a very pitchy "Silent Night" and of course "Let It Snow" and many others.
Finally we had to stop because her parents were going to bed and we may or may not have been keeping them up with our magnificent musical stylings. Hours of fantastic choral music...
We never hit the big time. Unfortunately the tape is long gone, so I won't be able to share. Please... no tears.
(For those of you who've ever heard me sing, I'm sure you're praising the good Lord right about now that the tape is lost and gone forever. Be ashamed of yourself. Santa knows you have naughty thoughts.)
7 comments:
Sooo hilarious! Too bad there is no cassette or pictures to relive the moment, awww the memories. Mom
This makes me giggle. a lot.
merry christmas to you! xo
Teddy Ruxpin! I loved him...I still have those earrings, by the way...good memories. I don't think I've rocked the night away that entertainingly since then!
-Leahna
I think you need to do a remake to share with us all!
Merry Christmas!
Sigh. I wish I'd been able to grow up with you, you saucy girl.
Merry Christmas. Love you lots!
oh Aimee-this made my morning! I have missed so many posts-no time for on line goodness or laughs with you until this morning. The house is quiet, it's cold outside and Christmas is coming!!
The scrapies are gorgeous-
makes me want to do some myself!
Merry Christmas Aimee-
LOL! I've so missed your hilarity!!! Hope you are having the most wonderful of holidays!!! {{{hugs}}} L
Post a Comment