Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Homemade Gift

I was reading my friend Denise's blog yesterday and I was reminded of what the real spirit of Christmas is. Its not about gifts... and while they are nice, they're just a tradition for the holidays.

I love to put my hard work into making gifts for friends and family. Every year I do a lot of baking. I love to share my baked goods in cute packaging. I don't really have a lot of time to bake and my house always suffers during the holidays, but its just something I love to do, so I make time for it. (As we speak those coconut cream cheese lovelies are in the oven and they smell divine!)

This year I thought it would be fun to try some variations on the traditional shortbread cookie. A. Shortbread is easy to make B. Its tasty! C. Butter, sugar, flour, and ... a schnazzy flavoring. You can't really go wrong. What's not to like? So I saved the label from the tea and made this cute little box for a friend who never reads my blog so I'm safe!

I'd love to see photos of your homemade lovelies! Link me up!



7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beeeeyoutiful! I love you, friend. And miss you lots.

erinrwillis said...

Really nice that you put such work into homemade gifts. Homemade is always the best.

LOVE the cute package!!

Deana said...

That gift could NOT be any cuter! :-)

LollyChops said...

How fantastic! Where did you get that cute box!!!???

Thinkie said...

This looks fab!

Anonymous said...

This is MY kind of gift. Too bad it's NOT my family's kind. Sigh...

Denise said...

Aimee-seriously this is fantastic! Martha would be nashing her teeth :)