I've been dreaming a lot of starting my own restaurant one day. My sister and I have talked about it before. Its funny because sometimes after our conversations I look at her and say, "Are you serious about this??" And she always says "I kind of am!" And of course, I kind of am too... naturally the cautious sort of person it would be really hard for me to go out on a limb and do something like that, but at the same time... I have the business background, as does she, we're both greatly creative people in the kitchen and out, and recently, our mom's become interested in the idea as well. I just think it would be so much fun!
Don't get me wrong... I know it would be massively hard work... but hard work can be rewarding, especially if you're working for yourself. And cooking is something I enjoy more than words can express. Putting together meals for friends and family is something that comes naturally to me. I feel like its an extension of myself in ways. Food has always been a passion for me. I have pictures of me as a little kid, wearing an apron, covered in flour, baking with my grandmother. Not much has changed.
Its just something I've been toying around with.

My mom made the best chili last night! I just LOVED it. The taco seasoning gave it a different flavor but it was DAMN good. Give it a shot!
5 comments:
You guys should do it. You're all wonderful cooks and damn creative too with anything and everything. I'd be sure to visit your lovely resturant!
Oh, you should SO open your own restaurant! You'd be so great at it, and so proud of yourself for doing it! Go for it!
Im drooling over here....earl grey shortbread and taco chili? Yum! I think you best open a restaurant soon!
I say GO FOR IT!!!! Do what your heart desires....look at how Paula Dean started out....selling boxed lunches!!! I believe that we are destined to do what we love!!!! That chili recipe sounds so yummy and yes you can send me some cookies...I have the perfect tea to go with them!!! :-)
Aimee, what keeps me going is the wonderful idea that life is full of surprises. You never know what kind of delightful little soup/pie shop might be in your future. Keep your eyes open and keep cooking!
Post a Comment