Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A New Recipe

Since I'm working this crazy swing shift I hardly ever get to see anyone. It's been nice the last couple of weekends we've really gotten to see my family a lot. Last weekend I saw them both days. I actually like my family most of the time so it irritates me that I can't see them or my friends much anymore.

Anyway, that has a point. A few Sunday's ago we were over at my sister's house and she'd made these enchiladas that were K I L L E R. Seriously, they were AMAZING. So I got the recipe from her and made them yesterday and drooled over them just as much:



Easy Chicken Enchiladas

1 10oz can Healthy Request Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup
2 tsp. chili powder
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup chopped onion
6 oz shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
8 medium/small flour tortillas
1 medium jar of enchilada sauce (I think it was about 15 oz)
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

Sour cream and fresh chopped tomatoes to top if you like:

Cook the cubed chicken in a pan with the onions until done. Mix in half the can of soup mix, the chili powder and about a cup of the enchilada sauce and about half the cheese. (Note the tortillas are much easier to handle when slightly warmed, I throw them in the microwave in my tortilla warmer for about 40 seconds before making them). I sprayed a baking dish with cooking spray, filled each tortilla, rolled, and placed in the pan. I then mixed the remaining soup mix and enchilada sauce mix together. Sprinkle the enchiladas with the cilantro, pour over the sauce mixture, and then sprinkle on remaining cheese. Bake for 20 or so minutes at 350 or until the cheese is bubbly and melted. And... blob on the sour cream for a delectable dinner!

(For you Weight Watcherians out there, one is 7 pts and two are 13.5 (without the sour cream included)).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum! I think this is the receipe I have or pretty darn close and I am getting hungry just thinking about them. Going to have to put them back in rotation! LOL!

Unknown said...

Sounds DELISH! Thanks for sharing!

erinrwillis said...

Yum-ola. Sounds wonderful - thanks for sharing!

*reyanna* said...

They look great! Thanks for sharing. :)

Denise said...

oh my those look sooo yummy Aimee!

kanishk said...

Sounds wonderful - thanks for sharing!

Work from home India