Sunday, January 31, 2010

This Weeks Eats Vol 2

Last week was a little busy and lucky for us I had a few things in the freezer to munch on. This week, I must go shopping. I'm trying to get a few things together to make some great meals.

I bought a huge pack of pork chops at Costco the other day with a coupon, and I've packaged them into sets of two, used my food sealer, and thrown them in the freezer. I like to do this because it really saves time and money when it comes to weeknight cooking. I buy a lot of meat in bulk when its on sale and Costco has a great meat department.

We also have a local specialty store "Tacoma Boys" that has amazing produce and high end meats, cheeses, wine, etc. But they're usually pretty spendy and I only go there to get cool gift items and/or when we have wine and cheese night over at my parents house. But my sister told me they have weekly specials online and a lot of times she can find their chicken breasts for 1.99/lb and they're all organic and super yummy... so I'm going to start doing the same with that.

Anyway, here's a few ideas I have for this week's eats:

Wasabi and Panko Crusted Pork with Gingered Soy Sauce:


Bistro Braised Chicken


Chicken Breasts Served with Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes


Grilled Portabello Goat-Cheese Pitas


Noodles with Roast Pork and Almond Sauce


I'm really excited to try some new things and use up some of that pork in the freezer. And I'm going to try to incorporate in a vegetarian night each night. I'm really glad that my husband's okay with that. He doesn't really care so much as long as it tastes good and he's not still hungry, and we both LOVE portabello mushrooms so you can't really go wrong there.

I'll let you know how each recipe turns out. Happy cooking everyone, I'd love to try some recipes you love that are lowfat and tasty, please link me up!

9 comments:

michele said...

those recipes look *amazing*!! especially that first one ... i'm totally putting it on our menu for this week! ;o)

mel said...

yum!!
can't wait to hear how they turn out.
my go to fave is homemade fajitas - they're fun to assemble too.

Denise said...

everything looks delicious! I always buy my meat at Costco and break it down and freeze it. I cook pretty much 5 nights a week so I have to be organized and plan menus. It helps a lot!

erinrwillis said...

Those grilled portobello & goat cheese pitas look GREAT!

We don't have Costco here, but we have Sam's, which is the same thing. I love to get meat there and divide it up and freeze it.

lisa truesdell said...

these look delicious - i can't wait to hear your reviews!

Anonymous said...

what night should I be over? lol
I just got a food sealer from my in-laws for Christmas. I need to haul it out and do some shopping!

tenaya said...

mmmm, it all looks amazing!

Vee said...

noodles w/ roast pork and almond sauce looks amazing will have to check that recipe out!

kanishk said...

can't wait to hear how they turn out.

Work from home India