Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Sunday Outing to the Glass Museum

We have a really fun little glass museum in downtown Tacoma. I took Steph when she was here because students get in for free. And, lucky for us, we'd both kept our student I.D. I know... very devious, yet amazingly frugal and inventive all in one.

The actual displayed art section is quite puny, awesome, but puny. My favorite part of the museum is the hot room, where they actually have artists working whenever the museum is open. I love to see them doing their work, rolling the tubes, blowing the glass, its amazing the process of it all. They have these hot kilns where they stick the glass in to heat it up so its workable. They are called glory holes. Let me just give you a minute to think that over. Yes, I said GLORY HOLE. Again, my 12 year old brain has overtaken my 27 year old brain and is in the gutter. I can't help myself folks, every time the narrator said glory hole, I snickered. Couldn't they have called it the heated kiln? or the re-heating station? or the hot hole? Okay, so hot hole isn't that much better. But GLORY HOLE? Okay, enough, I know, I'm shutting up.



Here are some more pictures from the day, all G-Rated, I swear. A nice little Sunday outing.



Also this weekend:

I made some yummy pasta and banana bread
I painted my kitchen off white
I vacuumed, cleaned both bathrooms, cleaned the kitchen with bleach
Finished a lovely book called Riding With the Queen
Slept In
Ate a Hawaiian blizzard (woops)
Tried a new restaurant called "Jakes" in Steilacoom (good beer)
Watched State of Play with hubs
Did Laundry Galore and Folded Mt. Everest!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hawaiian Blizzard!!! Holy crap, those are my favorite. Did yours have toasted coconut??!?!?!

Can you tell I'm excited? We need to scrap date soon.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun weekend!

Denise said...

I am back online. phew, I know.
you crack me up
I love those photos
did I thank you for the card?
it's awesome
are you sure you want me to have your phone #?
can I really use it?

Anonymous said...

Jake?! Without giving me a jingle? I'm crushed...

I was just there tonight. Used to like the food, now it's just okay but Steve digs the beer selection.

kanishk said...

Holy crap, those are my favorite.

Work from home India