Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cage the Elephant (IN PORTLAND)

I wish I could say we saw them in Portland... but we didn't. I am OBSESSED with this song. I have it stuck in my head 24/7. I find myself humming it in the shower, while making coffee, while getting dressed, on my way to work, at the gym, to the dog... you get the picture.I LOVE IT.



We had a great time in Portland. We drank many microbrews, ate many yummy and diverse things, walked EVERYWHERE, gave food to a homeless guy, petted a Bernese Mountain Dog, skipped through the park, took pictures of EVERYTHING.

At the end of the trip I had my cohorts trained to wait till I photographed their food before they could eat it. LOL.

I had the most amazing brioche amaretto french toast at the Byways Cafe. Holy crap people, if you are ever in downtown Portland... Byways Cafe. Its awesome! Dan got the Bon Temps special... LOL, I took a picture of the board with the special on it, because I thought it was funny. The little waitress was British and couldn't pronounce it right, and said so... when she read our order back to us she read off each of our orders perfectly and then Dan's was "SPECIAL", LOL. SOOKIE NO!

Anyway, I managed to purchase four pairs of shoes, (two pairs of chucks, hiking boots, and a pair of sandals), a fender f0r my bike, a water bottle holder for my bike, lots of food and beer, and Stacy's cinnamon and sugar pita chips. I love Whole Foods... we don't have anything like that within 45 minutes of us, its very sad.

Whole Foods, I love you!



And some other pictures from the trip:



Dan bought us donuts from Voodoo...maple with bacon! Actually quite delish!
















5 comments:

mel said...

looks like you had a great time!
have a great easter too!

Stephanie said...

Love the pictures! You're making me really want to take pictures. Here's hoping for a beautiful weekend.

Lisa said...

for whatever reason...i'm extremely hunger after reading this post! lol! AWESOME pics! Sounds like a great trip!

Anonymous said...

what a fun trip girl! And I LOVE cage the elephant the hubby bought the cd and plays it in the car all the time!

Christina C. said...

lovely photos!

and now that song is TOTAlly stuck in my head!
;)