Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday

This weekend was lovely. Sincerely lovely. Friday night I came home, vedged out on the couch and watched all the shows we had on the DVR and feasted on some delicious Spicy Chicken Swarma from Cooking Light.

Saturday I woke up, went to the gym, had a fantastic workout, helped my sister address her "Save the Date" cards for her wedding, made some crab cakes and some lemon poppyseed shortbread deliciousnesses. Then we had game-night. Game night antics ensued. I can't give away the gory details... but the "Game of Things" once again brought out the worst in our nasty little minds.

Someone may or may not have fallen off the couch in a bit of a drunken stupor. For once, it wasn't me !! I was actually the DD. (Which... Jesus knows I love my champagne... so me not drinking at a party is very uncommon, tee hee hee).

Sunday we had waffles at sisters and I made up a peach sauce with some whipped cream. It was delicious. Then we gorged ourselves on said crab cakes, prime rib, brussel sprouts with bacon bits, baked potatoes with all the toppings, prime rib with horse radish sauce and sautéed mushrooms, and croissants, and cupcakes for dessert.

It was a hum dinger!

Mmm and I got to watch the new Sherlock Holmes... I was impressed! Great movie. I love Roberty Downey Jr. when he's on his game... I loved the special effects, when he'd decide what he was going to do in slow motion and then it would happen. It was brilliant!

Here are some pictures from the weekend:

I love this photo of my dad... ahhh, love you dad!



The Foods :)





Everything else:





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great weekend. we watched sherlock holmes on Sunday as well. loved it! and the pics of the food and descriptions have me drooling.. got to go wipe my face before anyone notices.

tenaya said...

We watched Sherlock Holmes on Monday night...we loved it - Jude Law and Robert Downey JR. work well together on screen. I think they have a bromance. woot!