I very nearly hit someone. With my fist, not my car.
But, we stumbled upon Two Bells where we had passable burgers. I fear they were nothing close to Red Mill, however, they did for the day.
We did lots of walking (activity points to burn up those extra calories on the burgs) and shopped. We went to the U-District, to the Market, to Pioneer Square, & Westlake Center (all on foot). (Well, to be fair we didn't walk from the U-District to Pike Place... we drove, but walked once we got there). I procured some lovely new popover pans from Williams Sonoma which I saw on Vanilla Sugar. She makes her Sweet Potato Muffins in them. I've been coveting them ever since. We also got a knife sharpener to appease the boy. And I'll be loving my sharp knives!
I bought someone a little gifteroo at Anthropologie :) We got some cute little scoops at the Container Store that will fit in my mongo flour and sugar canisters and be oh so helpful. And I got a half pound of Rainier Cherries from the market and a huge bunch of beautiful peonies!! They smell fabulous and will definitely be brightening my week.
Here are some photos:





Miss you guys, what have you all been up to?
4 comments:
Love the pics! Glad you ended up having a good day!
can not believe you were soo close and didn't come by and say hi! glad you had a great day though!
looks like your day ended nicely!
those cherries look delish!
hope you're well!
oh one of my best friends used to work at the two bells! sounds like you took a bad day on your ass and turned it right! glad you had fun and those cherries look yummy.
miss you to!
Post a Comment